• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What is on 6360 khz on SW?

I Was picking a really weird signal on 6360 khz. It would have a second long buzzing sound and have rapid morse after that.

Perhaps weather fax or other data?

USCG SITOR out of NMF Boston has been logged on that frequency as recently as June (by another DXer, not myself), although the USCG site doen't indicate 6360 KHz as being used.

I've just picked up something (@ 1455 UTC) on their listed frequency of 6314. A short high-pitched tone, followed by the rapid morse code you've talked about. Clearly data transfer.

BG

No it would'nt be weatherfax because now another detail I forgot to add. That buzz would continue for 1 minute with these sec. long buzz sounds.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom