• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What if Scripps sold WSFL after they drop The CW. And will probably having Paramount selling WBFS.

After Scripps decided to exit their CW affiliation like Paramount does last year. How complicated is for a large market like Miami. I don't see WSVN dropping Fox but will Tegna, Sinclair, Gray, or Hearst might be open to enter the Miami/FL market. Let us know in your comments.

After Scripps decided to exit their CW affiliation like Paramount does last year. How complicated is for a large market like Miami. I don't see WSVN dropping Fox but will Tegna, Sinclair, Gray, or Hearst might be open to enter the Miami/FL market. Let us know in your comments.
I think either Tegna, Sinclair, Gray or Hearst might be open to enter the Miami/FL market to buy WGEN. My suggestion is WGEN will probably be an option to become the new CW affiliate in the Miami/FL market by forcing Estrella TV affiliate moving to WSBS and Estrella Media sell Spanish Broadcasting System since both of them are a full-power television stations that's my suggestions.

...forcing Estrella TV affiliate moving to WSBS and Estrella Media sell Spanish Broadcasting System since both of them are a full-power television stations that's my suggestions.
Estrella doesn't seem like it could move to WSBS. WSBS is part of SBS' own network, MegaTV. (which, if you really think about it, is a dead man walking) However, SBS is open to selling WSBS/Miami & WTCV/Puerto Rico for the right price.

Estrella doesn't seem like it could move to WSBS. WSBS is part of SBS' own network, MegaTV. (which, if you really think about it, is a dead man walking) However, SBS is open to selling WSBS/Miami & WTCV/Puerto Rico for the right price.
Tegna bought the Houston SBS station but MEGA never stood a chance to compete against TelevisaUnivision and Comcast in the Hispanic broadcast market.

Tegna bought the Houston SBS station but MEGA never stood a chance to compete against TelevisaUnivision and Comcast in the Hispanic broadcast market.
I think Mega could've worked if they tried bringing their radio programs to the network instead of trying to be the next huge telenovela network. (For example, WSKQ's "Alex Sensation" in middays, WODA's "El Despelote" in mornings, WXDJ's "El Show De La Tarde" in afternoons.)

Back
Top Bottom