• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What can you tell me about WJHD, 90.7

Back in the days before cell phones and internet, when saving up to buy the Broadcasting Yearbook was your source of radio stations, I came across WJHD, owned by Portsmouth Abbey in Portsmouth. The 360 watt FM at 24 meters above average terrain likely had a little better coverage back in 1972 when it signed on compared to today's crowded dial. Such stations became the vast unknown to me. As a curious guy, this station has always been elusive.

I can find virtually nothing about the station anywhere. Wikipedia, if correct, claims the station at one point played classical music and was on in the evening and on weekends. It seems Portsmouth Abbey operates a school where the station is licensed. I have been told the station could be heard in Providence.

Being a guy that has been passionate about radio all his life, I've always been curious about such stations. I know I can pick up the phone and call the station, but I figured the group of radio fans and broadcasters here might be able to share some information. Needless to say, me being in Texas, would require a heck of a road trip to listen or visit.

Thanks for sharing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom