• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What’s next for WJR 760

K

Kevin

Just curious, if anyone has any clue as to what will be WJR’s next move for programming between 9AM - 3PM. With the recent passing of Rush and the fact that Beckmann will be retiring in March. Any ideas? Could it be time for Cumulus to sell 760? Would Salem Media Group make Cumulus an offer?

Could it be time for Cumulus to sell 760? Would Salem Media Group make Cumulus an offer?

They make a ton of money with this station and they have a lot of talk hosts in the stable not heard in Detroit.

They might move Mark Levin from evenings to mid-day, and put Dan Bongino in evenings.

They make a ton of money with this station and they have a lot of talk hosts in the stable not heard in Detroit.

They might move Mark Levin from evenings to mid-day, and put Dan Bongino in evenings.
When is Levin’s show live? I always thought he started at 6PM live on other stations across the country. I do stream Dan Bongino and he’s a good host. WJR could also air the Dana Loesch show, she’s one of my favorite talk show host. “The Dana Show“ is live from Noon-3PM weekdays.

Last edited by a moderator:
When is Levin’s show live? I always thought he started at 6PM live on other stations across the country.

That may be, but I expect a lot of big names are going to want that noon to 3 slot.

Cumulus has Rush in Chicago, DC, San Francisco and a few other big cities. This isn't just a Detroit story.

Could it be time for Cumulus to sell 760? Would Salem Media Group make Cumulus an offer?
WWJ and WJR are tied for first in revenue, and each represents about 10% of total market revenue out of 41 commercial stations in the market (not including translators). It is not changing format. It is not for sale.

Levin's high-pitched screech in mid-day? I'm thinking that could be a bit much for WJR.

It was actually nice to hear Bill McAllister on WJR this morning, he could be a good fit for the 9-Noon time slot or even Ken Calvert.

Just curious, if anyone has any clue as to what will be WJR’s next move for programming between 9AM - 3PM. With the recent passing of Rush and the fact that Beckmann will be retiring in March. Any ideas? Could it be time for Cumulus to sell 760? Would Salem Media Group make Cumulus an offer?
Did they use to air michael savage or clark howard?

There was a WJR before Rush; there will be a WJR after Rush. Cumulus will do live and local if it's advantageous to them to do so.

Last I knew, Savage is still aired @ 11pm to 1am.

Now it's Ben Shapiro. Savage is podcast only.

Now it's Ben Shapiro. Savage is podcast only.

Thanks Big A, shows you how much I listen to AM Radio.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom