• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

We're losing the CW

“The good news is that we have multiple expressions of interest for affiliations in virtually every market,” Sook told investors during an earnings call Tuesday morning. “In fact, in a couple of markets — it is too strong to call it a bidding war because the discussions haven’t progressed that far, but we have multiple expressions of interest.”

“It appears unlikely Channel 57 will be able to nab local TV rights for the Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers away from NBC Sports Philadelphia, and Union games are locked up on Apple TV+. Beyond airing games for the Philadelphia Wings, the city’s National Lacrosse League franchise, options appear limited outside of college or high school sports.”

Screenshot_20230622-204658707~2.png

Coming soon to all the other Paramount stations losing their CW affiliation. So far KMAX is the first among soon to be former CW affiliate who got a new logo change right after CBS Sacramento was the last of the primary CBS affiliates to get a new ID.

Yes the secondary stations will follow the primary O&O's.

Pure speculation, but I’m guessing that’s part of the reason behind the recent schedule tweaks on 17. Modern Family being supplanted by Mom and 2 1/2 Men(!) in prime time looks like it’s about getting Modern Family established in the 11 pm slot once prime time is lost.

Interesting that right now, both PHL17 and Philly 57 have "The CW" as part of their on-screen bugs. I thought the switch occurs at midnight tonight, so I guess PHL17 just decided to jump the gun a bit.

Interesting that right now, both PHL17 and Philly 57 have "The CW" as part of their on-screen bugs. I thought the switch occurs at midnight tonight, so I guess PHL17 just decided to jump the gun a bit.
KRON does the same thing by having "4 CW" bug in one of the promos showing that they are flipping to the network. Then again Nexstar allowed KRON to use CW branding for sometime with CW Sports coverage of LIV Golf because the parent company owns the CW. See :40 of this clip where "4 CW" is used.

Back
Top Bottom