• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WELY "End of the Road Radio"

J

JimmyJames

I've been listening to this station via streaming today. It's a gem of a small town radio station, with lots of local announcements, charming ads, and a wide mix of music that seems to be somewhere along the lines of AAA - everything from Spoon to Tom Petty to Madeline Peyroux and Death Cab for Cutie. I'm always intrigued by stations like this, there seem to be so many doing the generic satellite or over researched thing, but you occasionally get a KZCR or WELY that really is doing their own thing musically, and WELY does an amazing job with local service while keeping the music fresh. Kudos to them, reminds me a lot of KHUM in Northern California.

Back in 1975 I took at look at purchasing that station. I thought the community was great, and my best memory was that the station was a scheduled school bus stop. The bus stopped there in the afternoon after school and dropped off the PM Drive and evening staff! I can't remember ever having a bigger smile! We passed on it because the owner at the time just wanted too much money. I am so glad to hear that the place is still on the air and being a good community station. Hurray for them!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom