• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Weigel Launching Story Television Network

Weigel Broadcasting Co. today announced a March 28 launch of Story Television Network, its sixth over-the-air national broadcast television network. Story Television Network will showcase compelling historical and factual programming, most available for the first time on broadcast television, Weigel says.

The network will be available nationwide on the TV stations of Hearst Television, Marquee Broadcasting, Maranatha Broadcasting, Weigel Broadcasting and other affiliate partners.

Story Television marquee series will include Biography, The Men Who Built America, World War II in HD, Modern Marvels, Mankind: The Story of All of Us and more. Each day of the week will offer themes curated to highlight specific genres including military, technology and innovation, world events, American history, modern achievement, unexplained phenomena, and biographical tributes.

I wonder if this will be carried on KCWE-TV, Ch. 29.3, in Kansas City, MO? They currently have their main programming on Ch. 29.1, True Crime Network on Ch. 29.2 & HSN on Ch. 29.4.

If this gets cleared on alot of channels and becomes a success it could feature stories of all walks of life from history to celebrity profiles like E! True Hollywood Story or Biography and stuff like today in history where something significant happened that day

In the NY Tri-State area it will appear on WZME on 43.1, pushing MeTV+ to 43.2, replacing SonLife on that subchannel. My guess is Weigel is doing that because it's the best way to convince the local Spectrum system to carry the channel here once they're able to put out a signal over the city.

Unless TEGNA opens up 20.4 or Nexstar decides to start kicking the Sinclair Digis they inherited when it bought the KWGN 2/KDVR 31 duo as part of the Tribune mega merger to the curb, I can't imagine this network coming to Denver unless some LP picks it up

KMBC-TV, in Kansas City, MO, has lit up Ch. 9.3

Sadly, it means more MPEG-2 video data reduction artifacts on the KMBC channels (since the new ATSC 3.0 channels appeared and KMBC added 2 subchannels 62.2 and 62.3, I notice the artifacts on 9.2 MeTV).

Kirk Bayne

Also the Wind can effect channels and they are just hosting those 2 channels. Just wish providers would add a Placeholder channel for future channels.

My current STBs, DTV, and DVD recorder automatically add new subchannels wo/rescan, my old RCA STB from 2008 needed a rescan to pick new new subchannels which is why I no longer use (I got out last fall to see how it would arrange the new [ATSC 3.0] caused channel rearrangements).

Kirk Bayne

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom