• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Weatherman Steve Pool taking time off from KOMO-TV

Absolutely, best of luck to him. Fight the good fight Steve, Seattle loves you!

Sending thoughts and prayers to Steve. One of my relatives lived with prostate cancer for nearly 30 years -- so hopefully Steve's will do the same.

Best wishes to Steve. The good news, as formeraa mentioned, is this disease is treatable. I hope and expect Steve back on 4 soon.

Good for Steve! Glad to hear that the cancer is in remission...I was really worried. Best wishes to him in retirement!

Best wishes to Steve Pool in his retirement. I, along with many hundreds of thousands of others, will miss his presence on KOMO-TV. He was like an intelligent family member at least to my family. One that not only gave the forecast in detail, but also genuinely had fun on set...case in point with Mary Nam and the First News at 4 'KOMO Question'...trying to come up with the right response and almost always getting it wrong. I'm guessing Shannon O'Donnell now moves up to Chief with this retirement.
The end of an era.
I hope Ellensburg Spectrum lifts the days-long blackout of KOMO's feed (seems like ever since DST ended they have been screwed up) sometime so I can see Steve's final forecast on Tuesday, but if not, it will be online I hope.

Steve retiring is a HUGE hit to KOMO-TV News. My best to Steve, he was always great to work with. But Steve consistently tested as the highest name-recognition in the market for at least the past 20 years. Losing that anchor, will be problematic for a news department that's been trying to find its niche around what was, the market's most popular weather segments.

Steve retiring is a HUGE hit to KOMO-TV News. My best to Steve, he was always great to work with. But Steve consistently tested as the highest name-recognition in the market for at least the past 20 years. Losing that anchor, will be problematic for a news department that's been trying to find its niche around what was, the market's most popular weather segments.

Kelly A, thanks for bringing that up. I just realized that, in my lifetime, there have only been two main weather anchors at KOMO: Steve Pool and Ray Ramsey. Again, my congrats to Steve for such a long run!

Very nice send-off to Steve tonight. Watched it online. Viewers saw a part of Steve they perhaps never knew. Emotional, but encouraging at the same time. Handled well by KOMO.

Absolutely. Spectrum failed on their part to open up channel 11/KOMO to viewing the 6pm news (albeit the 5PM news was available). Watched it online instead. Excellent sendoff. What was that Summer Breakdancing show that he hosted? It must have been a one-off special for channel 4. Awesome they mentioned Front Runners, and the 1970s public affairs shows he hosted prior to taking over Ray Ramsay's weather slot.
Very emotional ending to a long run at KOMO. Especially when he mentioned his daughters. 40+ years. What a run.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom