• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WCPV Burl VT area gets its Game on

https://sportsradiopd.com/2018/08/wcpv-drops-espn-for-fsr-re-branding-as-1013thegame/

WCPV 101.3 Burlington VT goes from ESPN to Fox Sports as The Game.They have all 4 major league Boston teams.Sister station on 960 goes to CBS sports.Don't know where ESPN goes.

How much of the national sports play-by-play commonly carried by ESPN radio affiliates is exclusive to ESPN radio? I assume Sunday night baseball is, but how about postseason? Monday night football and other NFL games? NBA? College football, including the championship playoffs? And is there national play-by-play that's exclusive to Fox Sports that WCPV will now get?

How much of the national sports play-by-play commonly carried by ESPN radio affiliates is exclusive to ESPN radio? I assume Sunday night baseball is, but how about postseason? Monday night football and other NFL games? NBA? College football, including the championship playoffs? And is there national play-by-play that's exclusive to Fox Sports that WCPV will now get?

ESPN MLB & college football playoffs are about the only thing they're losing, but if they're carrying Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins/Westwood One, what are they really missing out on when it comes to ESPN game broadcasts? They may not carry them any way.

Fox is barter, ESPN is not. I don't think they're losing much of an on air image by thumbing their nose to ESPN & their programming requirements. We have the same situation here in Bangor, Townsquare has an ESPN affiliate that runs all the Boston sports plus WWO, somehow they keep the ESPN affiliation even though they hardly ever run their games.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom