• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBBJ Jackson, TN getting ME-TV

I just looked at ME-TV's website and found out that WBBJ in Jackson, TN is getting ME-TV some time around 1-1-12. So I'll FINALLY be able to get it on OTA or cable either one. To me this is even better than their getting CBS. ;D

anotherguy said:
I just looked at ME-TV's website and found out that WBBJ in Jackson, TN is getting ME-TV some time around 1-1-12. So I'll FINALLY be able to get it on OTA or cable either one. To me this is even better than their getting CBS. ;D

Nice to see some of the classic shows that you get to see on television anymore. I thought CBS was going to on 7-3, according to ME TV site, they will be on 7-3.

http://metvnetwork.com/wherewatch.php?marketID=184

You can watch Me-TV in the Jackson TN area on the following stations:

Over the air: WBBJ - 7.3 On or about 1/1/12

Check with your local cable or satellite provider for more channel positions.

It's a pretty good move by WBBJ. Wish the station would improve overall and I think they could compete with stations in surrounding markerts like Memphis, Paducah, and Nashville.

From what Rabbit Ears is showing at http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=print_station&facility_id=65204 ME-TV is going to be on 7.4, which would make more sense.

The next question is what will happen with the weather radar channel. I do believe that it's a useful channel. I hope if it stays on that it will go to 7.2 and take the place of the regular WBBJ signal with SAP audio, which is no different from 7.1 most of the time, and to me is a waste of a subchannel.

anotherguy said:
From what Rabbit Ears is showing at http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=print_station&facility_id=65204 ME-TV is going to be on 7.4, which would make more sense.

The next question is what will happen with the weather radar channel. I do believe that it's a useful channel. I hope if it stays on that it will go to 7.2 and take the place of the regular WBBJ signal with SAP audio, which is no different from 7.1 most of the time, and to me is a waste of a subchannel.

Okay, thank you. :) I, do too, hope they keep the WX channel. We listen to it during bad weather, if the Dish goes out.

According to schedule for 7.3 starting in January several MEtv shows will fill in gaps of the new CBS affiiliates schedule. I see Perry Mason at 9, Kojak at 3 and Rockford at 4 along with Peter Gunn after Craig Kilborne. Maybe a few hours a day is all the metv u get.

I hope this isn't the case. That makes no sense to get ME-TV and then only use it for filler. I guess it's better than nothing, but this is beginning to sound more like typical WBBJ.  But they'll still probabky keep wasting a subchannel with 7.2 :mad:

I called WBBJ yesterday and found out that Rick is right that ME-TV is only going to be used as filler on 7.3. I haven't been able to get an answer on what will happen with 7.2, but this is beginning to sound like they'll still keep wasting a subchannel on it.  I guess that it's better than infomercials but it still stinks. Thanks for almost nothing WBBJ. :mad:

I tuned in this morning to see what was on Charter digital channel 135 where 7.3 has been, only to find out that now it's only available with Charter's HD package which I don't have at the present time. :mad: In order to get what little of ME-TV is available I have to pay extra for it. I don't know whether Charter or WBBJ is the cause of this, but this is only getting worse. For what little time WBBJ is carrying ME-TV is isn't worth paying extra to me. I'll get it OTA. :mad:

WBBJ's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/ABC-7-Eyewitness-News-WBBJ/159026164741 is getting a lot of comments from unhappy viewers, including myself, over how this is being handled. Between the people who are unhappy about losing the weather radar, those who want ME-TV full time, 7.3 only being available on Charter's HD package, and not at all yet on Jackson Energy Authority cable, or satellite, and the poor picture quality for the few people who are getting it OTA, WBBJ has managed to screw it up all around.  :-\

There has been another Facebook page started asking WBBJ to put ME-TV on 7.2 at http://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=wbbj%20metv&init=quick&tas=0.5319677913072835#!/METVJACKSON . I don't know what luck they'll have but at least I know that there are other wiewers that want it as well.

I got a little bit of good news today. I found out that 7.3 was accidentally set as an HD channel by WBBJ, but that they are working to correct the problem, and that it should be available on Charter soon without having to have the HD package.

I was also told that they eventually want to have ME-TV on its own subchannel, but that they have to make technical improvements first, and they hope to have it on in the future. So it sounds like we'll have ME-TV full time in the future, just not at the present time. I'll give it time and see if they keep their promises.

I just checked and found out that the problem with 7.3 only being in the HD package has been resolved. It's now available to all viewers on Charter that have a digital tuner. I'll admit I'd rather see it be on basic, but this is better than it having been in the HD package only. Now if they hopefully get ME-TV to being on its own subchannel ASAP I'll be happy.

It's almost 3 months later, and things are the same. The only time I get to watch ME TV is on weekend late nights. It's better than nothing, but it looks like WBBJ isn't in any hurry to get it on a separate subchannel.

I've wondered why WBBJ can't at least make ME TV available as a full channel on cable like WJKT does with CW Plus.

anotherguy said:
It's almost 3 months later, and things are the same. The only time I get to watch ME TV is on weekend late nights. It's better than nothing, but it looks like WBBJ isn't in any hurry to get it on a separate subchannel.

I've wondered why WBBJ can't at least make ME TV available as a full channel on cable like WJKT does with CW Plus.

You mean WBJK, right? Because WJKT is FOX.

WJKT 16 in Jackson also runs WBJK, which is cable 2 on Charter. What I'm saying is I wish WBBJ and Charter could come up with a similar arrangement to at least carry ME-TV on a cable channel full time, even if they don't make it a full time OTA subchannel.

anotherguy said:
WJKT 16 in Jackson also runs WBJK, which is cable 2 on Charter.

No, the cable-only CW Plus stations(which is what WBJK is, it isn't on any subchannel) are sent to the cable company(in this case, Charter) and are programmed directly by the CW, which has the exact same syndicated programs on each one. If Newport Television(which owns WJKT, WLMT and WPTY) had anything to do with WBJK, I would think that Newport would make it a WJKT subchannel and also, that it would have some sort of Memphis-related content simulcasted on it from WLMT like WJKT does with the 9 pm news. But it does not, because like I said the CW programs the cable-only CW Plus stations the same.

What I'm saying is I wish WBBJ and Charter could come up with a similar arrangement to at least carry ME-TV on a cable channel full time, even if they don't make it a full time OTA subchannel.

Yeah, it would be good to have ME-TV full-time. There are some shows on there that I'd like to watch, but WBBJ doesn't show them because they're on at the same time as the CBS shows.

I wish the WBBJ would change the CBS station's call letters to differentiate it and the ABC station.

I have friends in North Jackson who can receive Me-TV on WLMT's 30.2 using a small indoor, off-air antenna. Might not work in all areas if Jackson, but it does there.

I want to get an outdoor antenna eventually so that I can get ME TV from WLMT since I believe that WBBJ is in no hurry to put it on a separate subchannel, but that's a lower priority for now considering my budget. I've seen where WLMT drops ME TV in prime time to carry the CW, which is pretty dumb as well, but not as bad as WBBJ.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom