• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Waynesboro, TN

The CP shows 100 watts both Hor/Vert at 26 meters.

I assume this modification was to get the station built quickly while plans are made for the original 25kw/100 meter facility.

The COL was changed from Linden and moved south to Waynesboro. My guess was to get more of a signal into the shoals area. When the full power site is built I think the shoals area is still mostly outside of the 70dBu grade.

WYDL move was possible since 100.3 (former WVNA) fled to the east in 2006 to serve the Huntsville market.

That move was just 1 part of the massive shift of several stations led by the big WWWQ move from Anniston to Atlanta.

I most remember 100.3 WVNA in the Shoals as a top 40 station back in the 80s.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom