• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Watercolors

I heard Watercolors a few nights ago and didn't really care for what they were playing. Then last night I listened and they were great! Has anyone else noticed that? Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it a couple of nights ago?

I'd have to say it was your mood. Borrowed the inlaws van couple a weeks ago and listened to the Sirius that came with the van. Watercolors blows Sirius cjazz out of the water. Personally I think watercolors has really improved over the last 6 - 9 months hearing some tunes I only thought existed. For example Fertile Ground. Just anti'd up for another 2 years!

Nock

Well I'm glad it was me...The music was so good the other night when I was listening that I couldn't turn it off. I recorded a couple of hours to minidisc so I can play it in the car. If I spent more time in the car I would have to consider going with XM.

Right now I have way too many "toys".

If you sign up for an AOL account (it's free now), you can listen to Watercolors anytime on AOL Radio. You don't even have to download the AOL software. It'll play in IE or Firefox just as well.

Nick Gerard

I listen occasioally on AOL and they go thru an hour or two of playing some really fine stuff then default back to relaxing and nondescript. Although out of the corporate options available they are better than terrestrial BA stations and Sirius is awful. I did the 3 day trial and the first time I logged on I heard Fagen's IGY and that new Hardcastle song, then 6 hours later I logged on again and heard IGY and Hardcastle again. The air talent didn't say anything about the music. They seemed to be into coming up with cute analogies and word play on the song titles. Weird. Every other song was a pop vocal..Dido, Babyface, Toni Braxton. Why pay for that??? I'll stick to jazztrax and the live 365 stations.

Just drove 12 hours in 27 hours of time and heard only one repeat that came to mind on Watercolors. They need to give the new Phillip Saisse a rest.

Nock

SmoothJazz.com

Nick Gerard said:
If you sign up for an AOL account (it's free now), you can listen to Watercolors anytime on AOL Radio. You don't even have to download the AOL software. It'll play in IE or Firefox just as well.

Nick Gerard

As long as we're talking internet stations another really good one is: Smoothjazz.com .

The reason they play so many different artists is that smoothjazz.com charges new artists to be played. And the artist's i know, say it ain't cheap?

Nock

After reading the Watercolors posts, I tried it on aol the other day. Not bad.

I'm Sticking to WJJZ

I don't want to try Watercolors because I'm afraid I'll find it better than WJJZ, and I'll stop listening to WJJZ. I feel like the new station needs all the listenership it can get, and I don't want let go of it. It's the kind of station where people are happy just knowing it's there, but for it to be a success, everyone has to listen and not give into the internet.

Re: I'm Sticking to WJJZ

I don't want to try Watercolors because I'm afraid I'll find it better than WJJZ, and I'll stop listening to WJJZ.

I've listened to WJJZ on line and have XM, If you listen you will do as you say. JJZ is take no chances radio, if you want to hear new music, Watercolors is the way.

Nock

I know they don't play anything new

I understand that with WJJZ, you don't take any chances, but I really listen to it because it's what i've been listening to for the past 8 years. It's like an old friend of mine, and I don't want to give it up, even if there are places out there that may play a wider selection of music.

WTUX said:
After reading the Watercolors posts, I tried it on aol the other day. Not bad.

After getting fed up with the local radio scene I took the plunge and bought XM and a Roady XT. Wow, I love Watercolors and some of the other channels. I'm a convert!

I love this channel.It's number 2 on my presets on the skyfi 2.

Watercolors reminds me of when KOAI 106.1 was on the air in Dallas. I love it too. I did not know SmoothJazz.com charges artists . I guess thats why I don't hear a lot of SJ mainstream artists on there. Its still great music though.

salemjedi54 said:
Watercolors reminds me of when KOAI 106.1 was on the air in Dallas. I love it too. I did not know SmoothJazz.com charges artists . I guess thats why I don't hear a lot of SJ mainstream artists on there. Its still great music though.

They are also asking artist to sign releases that releases SJ.com from paying royalties which is why the mainstream artists have dropped off of their playlists.

Nock

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom