• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WALQ 1130 AM Carrville Is Now The Big KD

As of this posting, WALQ 1130 AM is now doing Spanish. Soon to be paired with 102.7 FM in Montgomery, once everything has been finalized. Mr. Roscoe Miller is one smart dude indeed. Wish him all the best with the new sound.​

Dan <><

I can confirm the station is indeed doing Spanish. Heard the new format, while sitting in the local Wal-Mart parking lot. The signal was barely receivable but I could make it out. Still wish Mr. Roscoe all the best, with the new sound.​

Dan <><

Now for the latest on 102.7 FM In Montgomery. Taken From Radio Insight:

Dan <><
  • Bhagwan Dadlani’s 102.7 W274BG Montgomery AL changes primary station from 95.7 WKXN Fort Deposit to Hughey Communications’ 1130 WALQ Carrville.​

Last edited:
Now for the latest on WALQ. Taken from Radio Insight.

Dan <><

Hughey Communications, Inc. sells Spanish 1130 WALQ Carrville/Montgomery AL to Autaugaville Radio Inc. for $118,400 to feed 102.7 W274BG Montgomery. The buyer, who also owns Adult R&B “The Big KD” 950 WZKD Montgomery in the market, began operating WALQ via Time Brokerage Agreement on July 1. (You're The Man Mr. Roscoe "Killer Diller" Miller) (I Wish You All The Best) ;)

Now for the latest on WALQ. Taken from Radio Insight.

Dan <><

Hughey Communications, Inc. sells Spanish 1130 WALQ Carrville/Montgomery AL to Autaugaville Radio Inc. for $118,400 to feed 102.7 W274BG Montgomery. The buyer, who also owns Adult R&B “The Big KD” 950 WZKD Montgomery in the market, began operating WALQ via Time Brokerage Agreement on July 1. (You're The Man Mr. Roscoe "Killer Diller" Miller) (I Wish You All The Best) ;)
@R.D.P. In the future, link to any article you "take" from...

102.7 FM Montgomery is now relaying WALQ 1130 AM Carrville/Tallassee. Still not sure about what style of Spanish is being heard but I did see a RDS message which featured the title of the song, singer performing it and the WALQ calls. This check occurred while I was in Prattville today.

Dan <><

P.S. I still heard mostly music.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom