• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WALL Radio Sound

I haven't heard too much talk about WALL Radio from here. There station pretty much covers the whole Hudson Valley with translators. I personally don't like their playlist. When Bud Williamson purchased WALL in the early 2000s the Oldies playlist was more desirable playing oh Wow oldies. DJ's like Jim Frey and Mark West were hired to enhance a favorable oldies station. Today they have runin the sound I think by changing the format to Classic Hits and repeating the same artists in rotation within a 24 hour period.

I haven't heard too much talk about WALL Radio from here. There station pretty much covers the whole Hudson Valley with translators. I personally don't like their playlist. When Bud Williamson purchased WALL in the early 2000s the Oldies playlist was more desirable playing oh Wow oldies. DJ's like Jim Frey and Mark West were hired to enhance a favorable oldies station. Today they have runin the sound I think by changing the format to Classic Hits and repeating the same artists in rotation within a 24 hour period.
Even in the "best" days of music radio, the average person listened to radio about 18 hours a week, shared time with three stations or more and gave no individual station more than 10 to 11 hours a week of total listening. That means that the song played 7 times in a week would like be heard by the average listener every 2 to 3 weeks.

With PPM, we see that listening is not continuous, but in random bits and pieces. A 7-times-a-week song would likely be heard, maybe, twice a month.

I think the big question is what can be done to make WALL radio a better radio station ?
I would add 60s at 6 and 70s at 7, 80s at 8 and add theme weekends like all 70s.

WALL Radio has adapted to playing the music of the 70s, 80s and now the 90s.
I think by adding the 90s they have explaned the playlist making the station more enjoyable.

Has anyone noticed WALL has begun to adopt out of voice tracking as both morning show by Kate Brannan and midday host Michelle Taylor as well as Joe Daily on weekend mornings.are being broadcast live. We know this is true because the time and weather is given during the radio programs.
I hope WALL decides to add more local radio programs on the weekends and overnights instead of satellite shows.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom