• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Usher's "DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again" without Pitbull

Townsquare Media's Channel 957 (WLHT 95.7 in Grand Rapids) is a Hot AC station that has Usher's song "DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again" on its playlist. However, the version it plays is one that doesn't include the Pitbull rap. Has anyone heard the non-Pitbull version of this song on other Hot AC stations?

WLHT officially switched to the Hot AC format a couple weeks ago, and my understanding is that they were not playing this song at all before the switch. Apparently Usher is an acceptable artist for Hot AC, but Pitbull is not. 'Tis kinda strange hearing this great song without Pitbull on it.

I wonder if WFID, which I consider a Spanish Hot AC, will start playing the Pitbull-less version.

When Enrique Iglesias's "I Like It" premiered on that station, it was with Pitbull. Now when they play that song Mr. 305 is nowhere to be found.

I've noticed the version without Pitbull is playing on 96.3WDVD in Detroit...The station's slogan is "All the Hits without the Rap" I believe. On the other hand Q104, a Hot AC in Cleveland, is playing the song with Pitbull.

I believe our KPKX plays every song they play with Pitbull in it, with Pitbull in it. But then again, I'm probably in the wrong section posting this since they probably aren't considered a Hot AC. I'm not exactly sure what I'd consider it...

adam502002 said:
I've noticed the version without Pitbull is playing on 96.3WDVD in Detroit...The station's slogan is "All the Hits without the Rap" I believe. On the other hand Q104, a Hot AC in Cleveland, is playing the song with Pitbull.

Q104 is basically a CHR - they just want to stay on the HAC panel for some reason

WISX in Philly plays "DJ Got Us Fallin In Love" and "I Like It" without the rap...

but they play the original Usher "Yeah"... ?? Kinda strange. They also play the rap versions of both songs during their weekend mixshows.

Some of these songs I'd leave the rap parts in, if I was a pretty aggressive Hot AC. Like Katy Perry's "California Gurls", I'd leave Snoop Dogg...I'd keap Pit in "DJ Got Us Fallin In Love", I'd MAYBE keep Ludacris in "Tonight"....they are very small parts that I don't consider to be that offensive. Especially the Snoop Dogg part in CA. IMO, those greatly add to the song. Same for Taio Cruz/Ludacris' "Break Your Heart" - it wasn't really a hit until they added Ludacris.

Now when it's something like Lil Wayne...then I may start editing. It just depends on the sound.

Does Mix 106.5 in Baltimore play the rap parts of songs? They play a little bit of Hot AC stuff, but are pretty much CHR. They're still classified as Hot AC.

They're playing S&M, Hey Baby (Drop/Floor), ET, Tonight, Blow, Just Can't Get Enough, etc.

Seeing they play Love The Way You Lie, Magic, Nothing on You, etc, I would guess so. I wish they would just start reporting CHR already!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom