• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Two new radio shows for Part 15 stations!

Black_Shire

Inactive
Inactive User
Hello All,

I have found two new and unusual radio shows, both hosted by W.B. Ward, that are excellent programs for interested Part 15 AM and Part 15 FM radio stations to carry. (Detailed descriptions of both shows are given below.) I contacted Mr. Ward regarding making both of his radio programs available to Part 15 broadcasters, and he is happy to have any interested Part 15 stations carry them. All any interested stations need to do is to contact him via e-mail at [email protected] . Both shows can be heard online here (see: www.wbward.com and www.myspace.com/wbward ).

His short-form program, "Ward's Daily Almanac," is broadcast on several full-power AM stations across the USA. Any Part 15 station that wishes to carry it just needs to send him a request via e-mail, your station call letters or name, and a link to your station's web site so that he can post the link on his web site. He will add your e-mail addresses to his show audio distribution list so that you will receive each new edition of the program.

His long-form talk show, called "Skeptic Beliefs," is an internet radio program, but interested Part 15 radio stations are welcome to broadcast both the live audio feed and the "best of" repeat audio feed of the show. He just requests that Part 15 stations that carry the show contact him so that he can identify your stations on his show, to encourage people in your signal coverage areas to tune in. Below are detailed descriptions of "Ward's Daily Almanac," "Skeptic Beliefs," and W.B. Ward himself (from his web site www.wbward.com ):

Welcome to "Ward's Daily Almanac!"

. . . it's not just another "this day in history."

This is the official home site for the daily 2-minute broadcast, "Ward's Daily Almanac." Combining W.B. Ward's love for trivia and his passion for history, this program highlights some of the more mundane events in history, while framing the more important events to give us all the "bigger picture." Just click the tabs on the left to see what happened on almost any day of the year and enjoy your search!

“Skeptic Beliefs.” The title kinda sounds like an oxymoron, but when you consider the point of the show, it actually makes sense. Every week we will focus on something wonderfully weird. You might hear a show about the occult, UFO’s, dowsing, psychic healers, psychics, prophets, philosophies; anything out of the main stream thought of belief.

It is not the purpose of the show to prove or disprove anything. “Skeptic Beliefs” is a platform where people can state what they believe and why. The listeners have the ability to make up their own minds whether or not something is genuine. Attacking a guest is something that is never allowed. They may be asked to offer some type of substantiation for their position, but they will never be intentionally humiliated or attacked.

About W.B. Ward

Having worked as a mentalist, he discovered that his effects were often based on tricks used by con men to swindle honest people from their hard-earned money. Using his craft as a springboard, Mr. Ward began researching various schemes to defraud unwitting victims, and he has compiled his findings into a book called "Brother Can You Spare a Dime? And Other Popular Cons," along with suggested defenses again each con. (Sadly, however, this book is currently out of print.)

Born in 1958, W. B. Ward has worked in various fields of the entertainment industry including music, radio, television, theatre, concerts, carnivals, professional wrestling, and so on.

In radio he has worked in stations coast to coast including, but not limited to, 97.5 KMOD, 101.5 the Beat, 92.1 KISS FM, KOOL 106.1, KAKC AM 1300, AM 1430 the Buzz, KMUS, KRLQ, KBIX; KGNX-TV, KRRG-FM, KRKC-FM, KNIC, and KVOO. His television credits include KGNS-TV, KOKI Fox 23, KLDO-TV, KOTV, KTUL, KJRH, ABC’s “That’s Incredible,” Westwood One’s “PM Magazine,” and he was invited to perform on NBC’s “Phenomenon.” Currently he writes and produces a daily 2-minute feature, "Ward's Daily Almanac," which airs on stations around the country.

Thank you, Bill. I'm glad to be of help. LibertyNT, try setting up a free Hotmail e-mail account. I've never had message delivery rejection problems with it.

-- Black Shire

Black_Shire said:
Thank you, Bill. I'm glad to be of help.

My forum membership will be grateful.

Black_Shire said:
LibertyNT, try setting up a free Hotmail e-mail account. I've never had message delivery rejection problems with it.

Maybe no rejection problems, but the recipient may never get it thanks to their ridiculous spam filtering! I tried to have my domains whitelisted with them and they people are absolutely incompetent - sort of representative of many American businesses with, as consumer advocate Clark Howard would say, customer no-service!

Bill DeFelice said:
Black_Shire said:
Thank you, Bill. I'm glad to be of help.

My forum membership will be grateful.

Black_Shire said:
LibertyNT, try setting up a free Hotmail e-mail account. I've never had message delivery rejection problems with it.

Maybe no rejection problems, but the recipient may never get it thanks to their ridiculous spam filtering! I tried to have my domains whitelisted with them and they people are absolutely incompetent - sort of representative of many American businesses with, as consumer advocate Clark Howard would say, customer no-service!

I know what you mean! For a brief period last year, I couldn't open my Hotmail e-mail messages. When I clicked on their customer service link and sent them a note explaining the problem (and asking for their reply to be sent to my primary [local] e-mail address so that I could read it), guess which e-mail address they used when they replied? :)

-- Black Shire

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom