• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Two more pesky translators

C

CAVEMANager

There is a new religious translator on 96.5 . They program what appears to be pop music but the lyrics are religious. Apparently Jesus needs to be sugar coated in rock & roll in order to appeal to the youth market.

The other new translator thus far is an open carrier on 97.9. The FCC data base indicates that it is owned by one of Ted Tucker's companies. This also will probably be religious, I'm guessing. It's main effect will be to block out KUPD in Phoenix. KMLE on 107.9 is already blocked by a religious translator which transmits from a tower along South Country Club near Benson Highway. Once upon a time KIIM used that tower.

The FCC won't be satisfied until every FM station in the nation suffers interference from at least one translator.

Same thing happening in Phoenix. Used to receive Tucson FMs on 92.9, 93.7, 94.9, 96.1...New translators here on those frequencies now.

I think a 92.5 is coming. I haven't seen any other proof of this, but trust me, I heard a promo for it while investigating something related to radio in Nogales, Sonora.

Spanish Adult Hits is coming to 92.5 (how, we don't know, because that's a translator - HD?). It's the "Toño" format from Grupo Larsa Comunicaciones, which is the largest radio broadcaster in the state of Sonora. Their slogan is a direct Jack FM ripoff, if it helps you to visualize the station.

I think a 92.5 is coming. I haven't seen any other proof of this, but trust me, I heard a promo for it while investigating something related to radio in Nogales, Sonora.

Spanish Adult Hits is coming to 92.5 (how, we don't know, because that's a translator - HD?). It's the "Toño" format from Grupo Larsa Comunicaciones, which is the largest radio broadcaster in the state of Sonora. Their slogan is a direct Jack FM ripoff, if it helps you to visualize the station.

Looks like the feed is an HD sub of KLPX. It's on air now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom