• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Twin Cities TV in the 1975-1980

I'm posting this in the Minneapolis radio board, because there's no board or Minnesota TV, and I didn't want to bog down the National board with this:

Posters to this board will remember about a year ago I asked about this subject, but did not get many anwers. So lately, I've been poking around on youtube.com, which is a great place to find old TV stuffs (like promos, opens, i.d.s, etc...). I found the open to WCCO News from the late 70's, but not the late report. You can find it by typing in WCCO news in youtube, and click on the open from 1981. Anyway, I remember watching the afternoon report, which was at 5 or 5:30, and opened which a screen shot of the local radar (since Minneapolis weather is volatile sometimes), and had the same music, that sort of techno-beat you hear on the 10 pm Report. Anyone else remember/can shed some light on this?

Also, you might remember I mentioned the name of a sports caster who had been shot on the job. I now remember the name of the reporter, his name was Bob Bruce, and he used to be on KSTP 5, about 1979. There is a clip of a late 70's early 80's open for KSTP also on youtube.

There is also a clip of the KMSP 9 Movie promo from the "wired for Minneapolis era" but not the animated station ID which ran about the same time (which was just after ABC left 9 for 5, and NBC left 5 for 11).

Also, Tom and Jerry was on at 3, every day on 11, up until they went NBC. Anyone remember that?

Good times, indeed!

"Also, you might remember I mentioned the name of a sports caster who had been shot on the job. I now remember the name of the reporter, his name was Bob Bruce, and he used to be on KSTP 5, about 1979. There is a clip of a late 70's early 80's open for KSTP also on youtube."

When and where did this happen!? :eek:

Memories are a fuzzy thing... I remember he was around at the time, 78 or 79, not sure if he was the one who was shot now...

KMSP "RECEPTIVE" Channel 9

Ok, This is what I am looking for:
http://www.studioz7.com/NewsNine.shtml

I was in the first grade when the ABC to KSTP switch happened. The "Receptive Channel 9" I.D. was actually animated. If anybody has a copy of this, can you please post it to youtube and make a link?

Also, at the time, KSTP and WTCN were running very similar promos for NBC, (because it was still on 5, but it was comming to channel 11, which boasted "We've Got It Now," and jingle to match on NewsCenter11). Also, I think I mentioned this before, but WCCO 4 had a promo which was also running, with cartoon character sitting in a chair watching TV, with the Voice over saying "It's getting confusing on Twin Cities Television. 5 is what 9 is, and 9 is what 11 is, and 11 used to be what 9 is but is now what 11 is... Well, there's one station that has never changed, WCCO 4, always CBS, always has been, always will be." Meanwhile, the cartoon character gets frustrated as he flips from channel to channel. '

If anyone has that one, also please post it to Youtube. And I know that somebody who worked at WCCO must have that somewhere. These CBS affiliates seem to never throw anything away (having worked at one myself).

Thanks.
Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom