• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TVAzteca to remain on KAZA

H

Hunter

Looks like Pappas and Azteca America have inked a new deal which will keep the spanish network on channel 54 in L.A. for 5 more years.

RadioFanBoy said:
Perhaps Pappas has their eye on KWHY 22 for their indie spanish programming.
Could be, but I wonder if that would create some conflicts. I believe that Pappas has an LMA for TV Azteca to operate KAZA. If he bought and operated 22 with Spanish programming, he would be competing against his LMA partner...unless of course, TV Azteca did an LMA for 22 as well.

Hunter said:
RadioFanBoy said:
Perhaps Pappas has their eye on KWHY 22 for their indie spanish programming.
Could be, but I wonder if that would create some conflicts. I believe that Pappas has an LMA for TV Azteca to operate KAZA. If he bought and operated 22 with Spanish programming, he would be competing against his LMA partner...unless of course, TV Azteca did an LMA for 22 as well.

So this would mean that TV Azteca would be on both 54 and 22? ???

As I understand things, NBCU took KWHY OFF the selling block at the first of the year. Could explain why Azteca and Pappas worked things out between them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom