• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TV schedules

As a collector of New York City TV listings, I can tell you there are many free websites that have archived old newspapers where you can search to find listings. These websites include libraries and other organizations that are not behind a pay wall. I I see no reason why listings from places like this should not be allowed.

Alot of listings are from papers on paywalled sites like Newspapers.com but a lot of papers are also archived on Google's Newspaper Archive for free. Why can't we keep this feature and define which ones are from Google's Newspaper Archive like the Tampa Bay Times (formerly St. Petersburg Times) or the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette to name a couple?

Alot of listings are from papers on paywalled sites like Newspapers.com but a lot of papers are also archived on Google's Newspaper Archive for free. Why can't we keep this feature and define which ones are from Google's Newspaper Archive like the Tampa Bay Times (formerly St. Petersburg Times) or the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette to name a couple?
The problem with the listing posted up to now is that they do not include the source so that it can be verified. Further, a lot more than "Fair Usage" is contained in the extensive lists.

Back
Top Bottom