• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Treasure Coast's WQOL adds 90s & more

It was in late winter/early spring of 2018 that the Treasure’s Coast’s WQOL (103.7) dropped its oldies branding and became “The Treasure Coast’s Greatest Hits.” Initially, there were some subtle changes increasing the 80s library but still lots of 70s and a small number of 60s in the mix.

Over the last several months, the station has accelerated various changes. A bit more rock-oriented and edgier, WQOL saw increased rotation of artists such as Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, and Aerosmith. I don't believe WQOL was ever heavy into disco or rhythmic tunes.

Markets the size of the Treasure Coast (#96) often lag behind the large markets in making changes. As someone recently explained in one of my other topics, smaller markets will initiate changes for gold-based stations once they have proven successful elsewhere. With 90s songs having been added on a good number of Top 20 market Classic Hits stations for a while now, WQOL now enters the fray as well.

There’s still a good deal that separates WQOL from others doing the format. Early 70s are still featured including a few select 60s cuts. My understanding is the Treasure Coast market will be on a monthly ratings survey beginning next month. If I’m not correct, please advise.

I’m thinking this represents as good an opportunity as any to update their playlist. In addition to the 90s and more, the station plays late 80s a little more frequently. In all my many trips up and down the Florida coast, I almost always tuned to iHeart Media’s/former Clear Channel’s 103.7 WQOL. They had a certain uniqueness about them, especially in their oldies days. But, as we all know, uniqueness doesn’t spell success if doesn’t bring great 25-54 and billing along with it.

Anywhere, here’s a sampling of some of the recent additions:

Black Velvet
Alannah Myles
Crazy
Aerosmith
Don't Speak
No Doubt
Downtown Train
Rod Stewart
Drift Away
Unkle Kracker with Dobie Gray
Give Me One Reason
Tracy Chapman
Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)
Green Day
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Aerosmith
Iris
Goo Goo Dolls
Losing My Religion
R.E.M
Nothing Compares 2 U
Sinead O'Connor

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom