• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Travis Mayfield leaving Fox 13

That’s too bad. Travis has always been one of the best personalities on Fox. To be fair, I probably wouldn’t want to anchor the 4:30 news and be stuck with fieldwork either. It sounds like kind of a bad deal.

That’s too bad. Travis has always been one of the best personalities on Fox. To be fair, I probably wouldn’t want to anchor the 4:30 news and be stuck with fieldwork either. It sounds like kind of a bad deal.
That’s what he does now anchors the 4:30 half hour then does stories from I guess their live desk from 5-10am. In the new arrangement it would have him still anchoring the 4:30 half hour but have him out in the field from 5-10am.

Fox Seattle is going through major changes as it becomes O&O by Fox. I would expect even more changes ahead. This is the biggest change in the Seattle market in years.

That’s what he does now anchors the 4:30 half hour then does stories from I guess their live desk from 5-10am. In the new arrangement it would have him still anchoring the 4:30 half hour but have him out in the field from 5-10aam
It's one thing to have a studio-based job (as he had) and have to go out in the field reporting (which is what they proposed). He probably feels the split anchoring/reporting thing is better left to younger, up and coming person.

That’s what he does now anchors the 4:30 half hour then does stories from I guess their live desk from 5-10am. In the new arrangement it would have him still anchoring the 4:30 half hour but have him out in the field from 5-10am.
It's one thing to have a studio-based job (as he had) and have to go out in the field reporting (which is what they proposed). He probably feels the split anchoring/reporting thing is better left to younger, up and coming person.
I think that is spot on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom