• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Traffic Reports (San Diego vs Tijuana Radio stations)

I notice when it comes to the traffic reports the (English) language radio stations usually does traffic around San Diego area such as the 5, the 805, the 8, 94, 54,etc. While the Spanish language stations broadcasting from Tijuana (not Que Buena 106.5 and Amor 102.9 since they are targeting the US Spanish speaking audience)usual tells the border wait times into the United States. Does the Spanish radio station (license in Tijuana Mexico) outside of (Univision Radio) talks about the traffic around the San Diego Metro area?

The English language stations often give the border crossing wait times, but I think it's mostly for Mexico-bound drivers. They only discuss San Diego county roads, not those in Tijuana. And I think that's true for the Mexico-licensed English-language stations (91X, Z90.3, Magic 92.5) just like their U.S. counterparts. I'm not sure if XEPRS 1090 does traffic reports.

I never tried to interpret traffic reports on Spanish-language Mexican-licensed stations. Are they using an American traffic service, like iHeart's Total Traffic? Is there a Mexican version of Total Traffic? Not sure.

Back
Top Bottom