• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Townsquare turns in another AM

Kind of surprised at this one. Only sports outlet in town. Not an awful signal. I am sure the ESPN programming was barter, so other than power not a lot of expense. And plenty of support for local high school sports. The land where the 2 tower array sits looks fairly worthless for much else.

Of course, there was no FM translator attached to this one, so maybe just not worth the effort?

Kind of surprised at this one. Only sports outlet in town. Not an awful signal. I am sure the ESPN programming was barter, so other than power not a lot of expense. And plenty of support for local high school sports. The land where the 2 tower array sits looks fairly worthless for much else.

Of course, there was no FM translator attached to this one, so maybe just not worth the effort?
It's not the only sports outlet. Stephens Media has KBBO 1390 'The Fan', also on K283BX 104.5, K269HF 101.7 and KHHK 99.7-HD4.

This station had so much legacy. It was originally KIMA-AM, a CBS Radio affiliate, and later changed to KMWX going oldies for many years. Eventually became Classic Country 'Cutie', and the calls used to be on 980 AM (ALSO silent!)

I really miss the ESPN programming on this channel. 1460 had the Huskies games and other sporting events. Now there is no affiliate.

RIP KUTI, 1944-2024.

I am sure the ESPN programming was barter, so other than power not a lot of expense. And plenty of support for local high school sports.

In order to make a go of it with sports radio, you need enough spots M-F 6am-6pm to make you solvent. Live PxP is great, but it can't fill enough hours in a week to carry the whole operation.

I have no idea what KUTI was running for daytime spots before they went silent, but a lot of these small market ESPN Radio stations sound like an Ad Council CD

Ad Council? They ran a lot of those PSAs if I recall, especially in the post-6pm period. Not having an FM translator doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom