• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Toronto's Jack

> There was a very interesting and MATURE discussion on the
> Toronto board about 92.5 Jack FM. Here's a link to the
> discussion:
http://w> ww.radio-info.com/mods/board?Board=toronto&Post=625861&page=
>
>
> What are your thoughts?
>
> Try to respond on THIS board.
>
Like I said! AMERICANS DO NOT GIVE A RATS A** ABOUT VH IN CANADA! NOW PISS OFF!

> > What are your thoughts?
> Like I said! AMERICANS DO NOT GIVE A RATS A** ABOUT VH IN
> CANADA! NOW PISS OFF!
>
That wasn't very nice!
I am with those who agree there's no excuse for not having radio personality!
Therefore, I hope Toronto Canada's Jack sinks to rock bottom for being an automated pile of junk. (automated with good music, but still...)
NOTE that they fell from a 3.2 morning share to a 1.7 when the morning show was replaced with just music.
No news, traffic or anything in the morning.
By the way, Jack Toronto is in violation of CRTC regulation, which requires stations in Canada to have a minimum of 1/3 of the broadcast week to be local content...and the music alone doesn't cut it because that's a seperate regulation already requiring them to play 40 percent cancon (35-40 depending on the station).

Local content is above and beyond the music, which means they MUST restore a morning show soon...<P ID="signature">______________
"If you never say NO, How much is your YES worth?"
</P>

> That wasn't very nice!
Thank-you for your canadian input on this board. Americans still don't care though. Sorry for the harsh wording but if you think Americans care about Canadian VH stations perhaps you should get help. THEY CLEARLY DO NOT! If they did, they would have posted their comments in this thread by now.
GO TALK TO YOUR CANADIAN BUDDIES ABOUT JACK TORONTO!!!!

i must be one of the weird ones around here because i like the canadian vh stations, because of the canadian content. if it wasn't for jack in vancouver or toronto, i would have only heard a few songs from chilliwack (that made it big here in the us) or blue peter (that you can't hear in the us because they weren't that big here)

> i must be one of the weird ones around here because i like
> the canadian vh stations, because of the canadian content.
> if it wasn't for jack in vancouver or toronto, i would have
> only heard a few songs from chilliwack (that made it big
> here in the us) or blue peter (that you can't hear in the us
> because they weren't that big here)
>
I've never heard of them...perhaps if Jack Toronto had djs I'd know who they are.
<P ID="signature">______________
</P>

And if you're a Radio Fan/geek, then radio is radio, no matter which side of the beaver you're on.

> I've never heard of them...perhaps if Jack Toronto had djs
> I'd know who they are.
>

if you listen to the on-line stream, the web site tells you what the songs are

> And if you're a Radio Fan/geek, then radio is radio, no
> matter which side of the beaver you're on.
>
My Hydro is extra where I live.
A radio uses up less electricity.
I also enjoy radio personality VERY MUCH to go with the music!
Oh, and what about my blind friends?
Jack DOES do brail...right?
I can't find the brail...but...it is there somewhere...right?
Another interesting point: I don't drive, but for those who do, I hope they get into an accident looking at the display in their car instead of having their eyes on the road where they're supposed to be in the first place. <P ID="signature">______________
</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom