• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Timer is running for Townsquare’s entrusted stations

One facet of the recent radio dealings of Townsquare Media is the placement of three Iowa stations into a trust for resale. The FCC is OK with that, but unlike similar situations with Clear Channel and Cumulus, this time the approval comes with a deadline. The stations are in what was once the Waterloo-Cedar Falls [...]

More...

Though I suppose it's possible, I really don't think you have a situation where two groups didn't do their homework and just didn't realize Waterloo-Cedar Falls was no longer an Arbitron/Nielsen market and, thus, would need to use a different method of determining ownership eligibility. A more likely answer is that Cumulus wasn't willing to keep the Waterloo stations if it was getting rid of all of its Iowa properties east of Des Moines and forced Townsquare to take them in order to get everything else. So, I doubt Cumulus would even take the Waterloo properties back. From Townsquare's perspective, it's probably not much of an issue. Cumulus probably gave them a break on the price, and Townsquare should be able to convert them to cash or additional stations in another market, though they may not have as long to do that as they'd wanted.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom