• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tijuana Ratings

Huff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's something a little different... the latest ratings from across the border thanks to the Mexican ratings company INRA.
Top ten stations ranked by women and men.
Only one English language station shows up, XHRM is 9th among men.
The top Tijuana stations, XHTIM and XHA barely register north of the border.

Screenshot 2023-07-06 221957.png

Last edited:
These are interesting ratings!

As said above, only one U.S.-based station is here, #10 among women is Latin AC KLQV 102.9. It's #19 in the San Diego ratings.

Only one station is in English, XHRM 92.5, with a Rhythmic AC format, #9 among men. In the San Diego ratings, it's #4.

Only one AM station makes the list, #10 among men, 950 XEKAM. It's part of the "Formula" radio network of news, talk and sports. It shows you that in Mexico as in the U.S., hardly anyone is listening to AM radio. XEKAM is the only spoken word station in these ratings.

Three stations are Latin Top 40: XHGLX 91.7, XHFG 107.3, XHRST 107.7

Three stations are Latin AC: XHLTN 104.5, XHOCL 99.3 and the American station KLQV 102.9.

All the other stations are doing some sort of Regional Mexican, traditional format.

I would have thought some U.S. based Top 40 or Hot AC would have been on this list. I'm going back quite a few years but I remember walking through Tijuana on a vacation to San Diego. The Mighty 690 XETRA, a Top 40 station in English, was playing loudly in a car repair shop I passed by. But on this list, except for XHRM, all the stations are in Spanish playing mostly music in Spanish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom