• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tighe Jensen

Hi everyone, my name is Maria Jensen, Tighe Jensen's daughter. He worked in radio for a long time in various places, mainly Massachusetts. Today would have been his 65th birthday and I never got to know him as an adult. I was wondering if anyone here knew him and had a story or recording for me, I'd love to hear more about the man he was or hear more recordings.

For more context: He briefly called the Buffalo Bills games in NY and did several morning shows, one on Cape Cod (I think), one in New Hampshire, and one in Kentucky, with different characters. I wasn't around during that time so I can't remember specific names, except Rick Murphy might have been an alias. He was on WCOD for a while, as well.

Last edited:
Hi Maria, I knew your uncle Gary very well as he hired me at WCOD and I also knew your dad though not as well. Your dad was exceptionally talented and was a true production genius. But you already know that. The entire family was SO gifted with great pipes…your grandpa had one of most recognizable voices in Boston history at the old WNAC TV. And uncle Gary, who I believe never was on air but a great manager ALSO had amazing pipes—he was a promotional genius as GM at WCOD where Tighe also worked. That doesnt help you with what you were looking for but I hope you get to hear some of your dad’s work. There’s some great communications genes in your family! I hope you’re doing well.

Back
Top Bottom