• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

This is so strange

Today I got my copy of The Bristol Observer - a weekly freebie paper mailed to everyone in Bristol and I look inside and I see 4 people I know have passed away. Now I don't know any of the 4 very well, but I know of them.

James Y - Never met him, but he was the father of Joe and Melissa whom I went to high school with.

Nancy R - she was one of the psychologists in the Bristol, Connecticut school system. I think I had one or two sessions with her.

Sharon W - never met her, but she was the mother of Tim, someone I went to school with for a year and a half. 8th grade and part of 9th. He transferred to another school during 9th grade.

Stanley G - He was a partner in the oil company my parents used to get home heating oil from. Plus my parents sometimes got gas at his gas station.

That'll happen. Especially the older you get, the more people you meet, and the older they get.
Take five years' worth of people you've met and mix them up in a box, there's probably a lot of other 'coincidences' between four of them in a given week.
They just didn't make the paper those weeks.

As for this news, all that matters is what you do with the information.

And what about the ones who demanded that no obits be run? Maybe your next little task will be getting friends who work for the state to start combing the bureau of vital statistics. Maybe your 5th grade science teacher will turn up.

The weather lady on the evening news died in a car accident.

It hit me hard man, real hard. :'(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom