• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The shows changing networks thread

An example of the first one would be the CW's version of Dynasty, on from 2017-22 (revival of the 1981-89 ABC serial of the same name w/John Forsythe et al.)
As opposed to "The Conners" or "Roseanne" as it was called before Roseanne Barr was fired. It was off the air for a while and came back with the same characters and actors. "Will and Grace" too.

But the "Dynasty" casts were completely separate. I didn't see a lot of episodes of the original. Many of the characters had the same names but different actors played them, and what they did was often different. And one was set in Denver and the other Atlanta. They even changed Sammy Jo from a woman to a man and he was one of my favorite characters. The CW version focused on Fallon, a spoiled rich girl who got to run companies. I can't imagine John Forsythe being quite the schemer the new Blake was. More of a J.R. type.

Back
Top Bottom