• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The NBC 2023-2024 season thread

Magnum P.I. returning to TV? Ugh, they have run out of ideas on broadcast TV. No wonder streaming is taking off like a rocket.
Of course, none of this could come to fruition if the WGA strike lasts long enough. NBC has plenty of game shows and reality (the umpteenth season of The Voice, etc.) to fall back on.

Because streaming never uses existing IP. Fuller House. One Day at a Time. Bel Air. Saved by the Bell. Lost in Space. Wednesday. Punky Brewster. Animaniacs. Assorted Star Trek series.

The "TV is out of ideas" thing is so tired and cliched. There has always been a mix of derivative ideas and big swings, some of which work, some of which don't. There's only so many successful formulas, and ideas have been adapted from different mediums for eons.

And Magnum, in this carnation, is in season 5, so it's not really returning. It done did return.

Magnum P.I. returning to TV? Ugh, they have run out of ideas on broadcast TV. No wonder streaming is taking off like a rocket.
Of course, none of this could come to fruition if the WGA strike lasts long enough. NBC has plenty of game shows and reality (the umpteenth season of The Voice, etc.) to fall back on.
Magnum never went away.

NBC's revised fall schedule

Turns out NBC was smart to delay some “already in the can” scripted series from the 2022-23 midseason and hold them for 2023-24. Gives them some fresh programming amidst the writers and actors strikes.

Glad to see season three of Transplant on the schedule as my wife and I really like the show. Thought it might be toast in the U.S. after NBC dumped the second half of season two into the Saturday night burnoff zone.

Curious to see how NBC’s Found differs from Alert: Missing Persons Unit on Fox.

Glad to see season three of Transplant on the schedule as my wife and I really like the show. Thought it might be toast in the U.S. after NBC dumped the second half of season two into the Saturday night burnoff zone..
I agree with your appreciation for Transplant. It's an interesting and topical story that is nicely written and has a really diverse and interesting cast of characters. Timely, relevant, warm and entertaining.

Another scheduling update

THURSDAY, SEPT. 7
8 pm Sunday Night Football season kickoff

SUNDAY, SEPT. 10
8 pm Sunday Night Football time slot premiere

MONDAY, SEPT. 25
8 pm The Voice Season 24 premiere, Night 1 of 2
10 pm THE IRRATIONAL series premiere

TUESDAY, SEPT. 26
8 pm The Voice Season 24 premiere, Night 2 of 2

TUESDAY, OCT. 3
10 pm FOUND series premiere

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 4
8 pm Quantum Leap Season 2 premiere
9 pm Magnum P.I. Season 5B premiere

THURSDAY, OCT. 12
9 pm Transplant Season 3 premiere

FRIDAY, NOV. 3
8 pm The Wall returns

NBC releases its Mid Season schedule with a series premiere of Extended Family and a holiday special of Night Court in December with most shows returning in January

Here’s the schedule and premiere dates…

SATURDAY, DEC. 23
8 PM – EXTENDED FAMILY (Series premiere)
8:30 PM – Night Court (Special holiday episode)

MONDAY, JAN. 1
8 PM – AMERICA’S GOT TALENT: FANTASY LEAGUE (Series premiere)

TUESDAY, JAN. 2
8 PM – Night Court (Time period premiere)
8:30 PM – EXTENDED FAMILY (Time period premiere)

TUESDAY, JAN. 9
9 PM – La Brea (Season premiere)
10 PM – Found (Final two episodes of season)

WEDNESDAY, JAN. 17
8 PM – Chicago Med (Season premiere)
9 PM – Chicago Fire (Season premiere)
10 PM – Chicago P.D. (Season premiere)

THURSDAY, JAN. 18
8 PM – Law & Order (Season premiere)
9 PM – Law & Order: SVU (Season premiere)
10 PM – Law & Order: Organized Crime (Season premiere)

FRIDAY, JAN. 19
8 PM – Transplant (Time period premiere)

MONDAY, JAN. 29
10 PM – The Irrational (Final four episodes of season)

MONDAY, FEB. 26
8 PM – The Voice (Season premiere, part 1)
9:30 PM – DEAL OR NO DEAL ISLAND (Season premiere)

TUESDAY, FEB. 27
8 PM – The Voice (Season premiere, part 2)

MONDAY, MARCH 4
10 PM – DEAL OR NO DEAL ISLAND (Time period premiere)

In In addition to their curated linear time slots, all shows will be available to stream next day on Peacock.

Back
Top Bottom