• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Morning Shift coming to the Game

Audacy is moving John Frickie from the morning show and starting a new 5am and new 6-9am show. This in reaction to Hugh Douglas moving to WIP Philly. Radio insight is reporting the Morning Shift will begin later this month with Tiffany Blackmon (ESPN) former Falcon MIke Johnson and Beau Morgan(exec producer for Dukes and Bell) will hold down the 6to 9 shift. Dylan matthews will produce and do the 5am hour solo with the hometown team

Frickie must have a solid contract. I am sure the folks in suburban Philly home office would like to see some payroll cuts. They just added "The Steakhouse" (2 more people), Four folks 5-10am instead of 2, (2 more on payroll) and I heard Zino a couple of weeks ago for a total of 5 more people to pay weekdays plus Frickie who has no shift as of now. . Unless Hugh Douglas was making really big bucks they have to be expanding their payroll. I hope billings really increase to cover the higher payroll.

Frickie must have a solid contract. I am sure the folks in suburban Philly home office would like to see some payroll cuts. They just added "The Steakhouse" (2 more people), Four folks 5-10am instead of 2, (2 more on payroll) and I heard Zino a couple of weeks ago for a total of 5 more people to pay weekdays plus Frickie who has no shift as of now. . Unless Hugh Douglas was making really big bucks they have to be expanding their payroll. I hope billings really increase to cover the higher payroll.
I don't this they are paying for "The Steakhouse" I was told Steak buys the time from Audacy

The 5am hour is hosted by the producer of the new morning show. I’m sure he’s doing it for “on air experience” and isn’t making much additional money for hosting. Zinno is a part time fill in.

92.9 has 9 host positions between 6:00am and 7:00pm. 680 has 10 between 6:00am and 6:00pm plus a rotating cast of hosts on their 6-8pm show (most of whom are unlistenable btw).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom