• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Laura Daniels meltdown

Who is Laura Daniels, and where did she come from? I believe the first time I heard her was when WJYE fired Joe Chille, and the station went downhill. She wasn't on the air long before she disappeared.

Now she reappears on WHTT about a year ago after Bill Lacy leaves, and it becomes unlistenable. Today, she had a full blown meltdown. She got into an argument over the air with a listener by text message, and telling people who don't like her to change the channel. She offered to make a donation to the listener if they have a broken button on their radio so they can change the station. She should probably keep her drama on her social media or somewhere else. Also I'd hardly call some of the music on her show "Classic Hits."

Who is Laura Daniels, and where did she come from? I believe the first time I heard her was when WJYE fired Joe Chille, and the station went downhill. She wasn't on the air long before she disappeared.

Now she reappears on WHTT about a year ago after Bill Lacy leaves, and it becomes unlistenable. Today, she had a full blown meltdown. She got into an argument over the air with a listener by text message, and telling people who don't like her to change the channel. She offered to make a donation to the listener if they have a broken button on their radio so they can change the station. She should probably keep her drama on her social media or somewhere else. Also I'd hardly call some of the music on her show "Classic Hits."
I didn't hear her "rant," but I have heard her on the air and I think that she's active and engaging. I find her quite listenable, and a significant break from the gab-fests that permeate morning radio. WHTT's ratings indicate that they're doing something right. What you call "Classic Hits" and what the format has evolved (and is evolving into) may be two different things. It has everything to do with target audience. Old white guys from the sticks aren't exactly the prime target.

I didn't hear her "rant," but I have heard her on the air and I think that she's active and engaging. I find her quite listenable, and a significant break from the gab-fests that permeate morning radio. WHTT's ratings indicate that they're doing something right. What you call "Classic Hits" and what the format has evolved (and is evolving into) may be two different things. It has everything to do with target audience. Old white guys from the sticks aren't exactly the prime target.
damm.

You just John Cena -ed the OP.

Back
Top Bottom