• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Horn's Round Rock Translator Files Long-awaited Modification Application

As predicted, The Horn’s K270CO application to go non-directional was dismissed by the FCC today. A reason for the dismissal was not given, but it was certainly due to technical deficiencies previously discussed in this thread.

If The Horn wants to do something to help their future selves, they should file an objection to Relevant Radio’s pending application to move first-adjacent translator K286CX (105.1) to Round Rock. The new location is well within the translator interference complaint zone. At just 30 watts I am not sure how much noise it will actually create. Further, I have never heard or seen any evidence that the current licensed translator near Hutto actually exists. I visited the site a few weeks ago on a whim and could not find any broadcasting antennas on the tower and over the last 18 months have tried numerous times but never heard any Relevant Radio programming on 105.1 in Williamson County.

If it was never built out, or hasn’t been on in the last 12 months it should be deleted.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom