• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The CW 2023-2024 season thread

The 2024 Republican Presidential Debate will air December 6, 2023 from 8-10pm eastern/ 7-9pm central on Newsnation and The CW as both are owned by Nexstar.

This could also lead to more specials or even some kind of news type show that could be on Newsnation and the CW in the future. Sinclair has The National Desk and Newsnation probably wants to tap some of their News programs into the CW.

Maybe a 10pm news on CW stations that don't have local news?

Des Moines has local news that started a few years ago but it's not new it's from channel 5 which is our ABC affiliate and when the 9pm News is on they call it ABC 5 Local News at 9 on CW Iowa 23 but it's pre-recorded from the 6pm Newscast they did and not aired live. So a Newsnation newscast would work better than a repeat of a local newscast at 9.

That doesn’t make any sense to only show the first season. But we’ll see. Futon has the repeats going through February 29 which would get them through seven episodes of Season 2. I would imagine they would still be on local stations this fall. But maybe when Children Ruin Everything and Son of a Critch wrap up they can air episodes the whole block. (Would be while before Season 4 of either).

Attachments

• IMG_6151.png
    IMG_6151.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 12
Also it shows that The CW is only showing 11 episodes which is just the 1st season.
Wikipedia is full of it. ‘The Conners’ Repeats To Air On The CW In Unusual Acquisition Deal; Premiere Date Set

The CW will air all five seasons.

But you were correct in that this will not replace the broadcast syndication deal.

The Conners will also air other nights. It could air Thursday 8-10pm when both Critch and CRE finish their seasons. (The latter is just my speculation).

Wikipedia is full of it. ‘The Conners’ Repeats To Air On The CW In Unusual Acquisition Deal; Premiere Date Set

The CW will air all five seasons.

But you were correct in that this will not replace the broadcast syndication deal.

The Conners will also air other nights. It could air Thursday 8-10pm when both Critch and CRE finish their seasons. (The latter is just my speculation).

I wonder if The CW could possibly be the next My Network TV where it will just air acquired programming which their doing with their imported shows and now The Conners from ABC and Ride from Hallmark Channel.

I'm liking the CW's new programming overall. Waaay more interesting (at least for me) than the previous glut of DC Comics-based dramas.
My wife and I have enjoyed many of the Canadian imports on the CW. It’s also nice watching Canadian shows that don’t try to hide the fact they’re Canadian shows…specific locations and situations, not just “generic could be anywhere” settings.

Back
Top Bottom