• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The CBS’ 2023-2024 season thread

Here’s the slate

MONDAY
8-8:30 pm — The Neighborhood
8:30-9 pm — Bob Hearts Abishola
9 pm — NCIS
10-11 pm — NCIS: Hawai’i

TUESDAY
8-9 pm — FBI
9-10 pm — FBI: International
10-11 pm — FBI Most Wanted

WEDNESDAY
8-9:30 pm — Survivor
9:30-11 pm — The Amazing Race

THURSDAY
8-8:30 pm — Young Sheldon
8:30-9 pm — Ghosts
9-10 pm — So Help Me Todd
10-11 pm — ELSBETH

FRIDAY
8-9 pm — S.W.A.T.
9-10 pm — Fire Country
10-11 pm — Blue Bloods

SATURDAY
8-10 pm — CBS Encores
10-11 pm — 48 Hours

SUNDAY
7-8 pm — 60 Minutes
8-9 pm — MATLOCK
9-10 pm — The Equalizer
10-11 pm — CSI: Vegas

Midseason
TRACKER (Super Bowl debut)
POPPA’S HOUSE

Last edited:
Sort of surprised, sort of not about Elsbeth going to Thursday rather than a Sunday slot where it might have been familiar from The Good Wife days (where the bulk of its run aired). Otherwise, fairly consistent and no real seismic shifts. The 90 minute Wednesday shows is interesting and may limit shows like Lingo/Price is Right at Night to just when those competitions are between cycles.

90 minutes seems long for a reality show every week (or 3 hours if you watch both), should be an interesting experiment to see how they do in the ratings.

It’s not without a good basis; the “extra” content has done well for them online. Does that translate into the extra half hour of viewing? An open question, but with that evidence in hand, take the shot.

I think CBS will be in trouble if the writers strike last and the shows don't come back until late Oct or early Nov with not a lot of game shows or reality. Maybe CBS will air content from Paramount+ if they have to as I don't think they didn't have anything back ordered knowing there was going to be a writers strike.

CBS was right to repeat Sun at 10PM because of the football overrun during the doubleheader weeks havens forbid they don't air that old fart show 60 Minutes got to air they don't want anyone to complain that there wasn't a 60 Minutes after the game. No surprised about Matlock airing after 60 Minutes in the fall as I had that slotted Sunday at 8PM.

Yeah, they should totally replace that stodgy old 60 Minutes with, say, an hour of professional wrestling. But then, imagine if the Sunday afternoon CBS Sports coverage delayed or, heaven forbid, pre-empted the show. The complaint threads here would be entertaining and downright amazing, sure, but still.

CBS could air the last 4 episodes of Lingo and if they filmed any of season 2 they could air that in the fall. They could also bring back CBS Sunday Night at the Movies or whatever night they decide to air a movie. They could also air a second season of Star Trek Discovery or even air Star Trek Picard. That's if CBS got really picky or they could just stay with reruns till the new seasons start.

There's always Julie Chen Moonves, Phil Keoghan, and Jeff Probst to fall back on at CBS if the strike continues into summer and early fall. A Paramount+ linear showcase for the other days of the week, plus 60 Minutes or encore repeats.
I'd love to see Big Brother with older adults as houseguests (ages 45-70+) as a strike replacement show. ABC's doing a Bachelor spin-off for older adults, why not BB? There was a 75-year-old player who went all the way to the final 3 several years ago, and he (Jerry) was well-loved by fans.

TPIR at Night was aired several times this past season, so that's another option for strike replacement programming. The last run of the $1,000,000 Spectacular, in Drew's first season, started just days after the 2007-08 strike ended.

CBS rethinking fall changes due to writers strike. Reality programming and shows from Paramount+.

This is not surprising. The strike may go on until late in the summer or even further. Not to mention, the SAG strike that could be happening on June 30th.
The year without a TV season.

Albeit, I wonder if CBS could cash in on ABC and the Bachelor spinoff for older people...a Big Brother with people aged 50-75 playing for the same prize of $750,000?

This is not surprising. The strike may go on until late in the summer or even further. Not to mention, the SAG strike that could be happening on June 30th.
A random thought occurred to me: What would happen if the major sports leagues had strikes or lockouts at the same time TV writers and actors were also on strike?😳🤯🤪

Albeit, I wonder if CBS could cash in on ABC and the Bachelor spinoff for older people...a Big Brother with people aged 50-75 playing for the same prize of $750,000?
Oh good lord, no.

Back
Top Bottom