• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Thank you, iHeart

...for putting the KBWX call letters out of their misery.

I agree...Those call letters are cursed; I am glad they decided to put a new set on 104.9; but really and truly they should have gotten a "W" call since they are licensed to east of the Mississippi in Columbia, IL.

Really and truly they should have gotten a "W" call since they are licensed to east of the Mississippi in Columbia, IL.

They might be the most brazen violator of that rule in the market. Taking a look at the other wrongly-lettered stations (WHHL Hazelwood MO and KPNT Collinsville IL), those are the result of COL changes after the format and calls were in place.

They might be the most brazen violator of that rule in the market. Taking a look at the other wrongly-lettered stations (WHHL Hazelwood MO and KPNT Collinsville IL), those are the result of COL changes after the format and calls were in place.

I've also never understood how 590 AM in Wood River, IL was awarded the calls KFNS, yet when Romanik bought 1430 AM which had always had a W call sign (WIL, then WRTH), despite having studios on the east side, they made him choose a "K" call sign for the station. I never really understood why Emmis chose Collinsville as their COL; they could have chose virtually any city in the StL area without a station assigned to it; I personally would have chose someplace in West Co. like Chesterfield or Creve Coeur, or possibly University City given the Loop area's traditional ties to Alternative Rock; or maybe someplace like Lake St. Louis, since it has St. Louis in it... I always thought it would be funny if one of these move ins picked one of the many oddball tiny municipalities in the area like Velda City or Champ :) 104.1 could have just as easily chosen an east side community like Cahokia or Fairview Heights for their COL.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom