• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

TEXAS RADIO HALL OF FAME

B

Brokenhearted Bill

There is an awesome number of nominees for TRHOF designations for 2010.
Voting is taking place now at www.texasradiohalloffame.com.

There are several old pros who really need to be voted in this year. I ask your consideration:

BUD BUSCHARDT. How in the world he hasn't received the full designation is beyond me. Everyone knows him, and his dedication to the business of broadcasting, even teaching it at UNT, is what legends are made of.

BILL "RASCAL" MC CASKILL. Now in his 80s, Rascal introduced rhythm and blues to Houston teenagers in 1954 via a small station in Baytown, KREL. I have written about him and those days for several newspapers. Also spent time at KILT, KXYZ and others. Please google "Rascal McCaskill" to read his extraordinary history.

VANDY ANDERSON. While he did news for KILT and KXYZ, the majority of his career was spent in news and management, later ownership, of Galveston's KGBC. Vandy was the lifeline for islanders for ever storm and major hurricane. The station never left the air, while Houston's big boys were on again, off again. Even though he was in a small market, he deserves this recognition.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom