• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Tegna cuts 8am news hour of KFMB 8.2 CW

I saw 700 Club instead of 8am on March 15 Friday and now they're replaying the same 7am hour today March 18 at 8am hour kinda similar in KING5 Seattle's sister station KONG which replay's the latter's 7am hour at 8am against KCPQ's dominant all local morning show and in some extent KOMO's ARC-CW51 between 8am-10am. Even if I checked ONTVTonight, Tegna was somehow wasteful not to buy more first-run syndies on it's CW subchannel, replaying them instead of live is somehow not updated. TBH, why not eliminate 2/3rds of its midday newscast on CBS8 and put only more hour of syndies instead. Nexstar is almost had a monopoly in the all local morning hour and if the get CW for KUSI it might either switch to MNTV or shut it down completely.

I saw 700 Club instead of 8am on March 15 Friday and now they're replaying the same 7am hour today March 18 at 8am hour kinda similar in KING5 Seattle's sister station KONG which replay's the latter's 7am hour at 8am against KCPQ's dominant all local morning show and in some extent KOMO's ARC-CW51 between 8am-10am. Even if I checked ONTVTonight, Tegna was somehow wasteful not to buy more first-run syndies on it's CW subchannel, replaying them instead of live is somehow not updated. TBH, why not eliminate 2/3rds of its midday newscast on CBS8 and put only more hour of syndies instead. Nexstar is almost had a monopoly in the all local morning hour and if the get CW for KUSI it might either switch to MNTV or shut it down completely.
It could be a miracle for KUSI to become the new CW affiliate owned-and-operated television station in the San Diego Market probably this fall you'll never know

It could be a miracle for KUSI to become the new CW affiliate owned-and-operated television station in the San Diego Market probably this fall you'll never know
I would be surprising if Tegna wants to keep it's 8.2 subchannel afloat since there's only 5 stations in the market. They might pick up some regional sports that Nexstar has and probably to pursue a deal with the Padres since they left Bally Sports.

I would be surprising if Tegna wants to keep it's 8.2 subchannel afloat since there's only 5 stations in the market. They might pick up some regional sports that Nexstar has and probably to pursue a deal with the Padres since they left Bally Sports.
I agree with you I think Tegna will end up getting some regional sports that Nexstar has and purse a dead with the Padres since they left Bally Sports to televised on KFMB's subchannel 8.2 since KUSI will become the new CW affiliate owned-and-operated television station in the San Diego Market because they're going to air live sports from CW Sports like ACC, LIV Golf and NASCAR I'm sure KFMB's subchannel 8.2 will end up becoming MyNetwork TV affiliate.

Back
Top Bottom