• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Syndicated Alternative Shows

The only syndicated Alternative countdown show I know of is the Sixxth Sense with Nikki Sixx. It might only be available to Clear Channel though.

stevensonair said:
is "out of order" with jed the fish still going?
That was a great show! Rock 104 in Gainesville FL used to have it before they suddenly flipped to country about 3 years ago.

hubcity said:
chrocket87 said:
The only syndicated Alternative countdown show I know of is the Sixxth Sense with Nikki Sixx.

This sentence conveys precisely what is wrong with Alternative radio.

That one make me scratch my head too.

Nikki Six is ONLY used on the active and mainstream rock stations. I'm not aware of any Alternative stations using this show.

Jed the Fish will be your only bet.

^99x Cleveland and I'm assuming the rest of the Premium Choice Alternatives use it. The countdown show isn't bad, as the music is Alternative, but his weekday shows are god awful.

I hate Six Sense. Honestly just love when the stations play music. Thought since CHR's have AT40, that Alternatives would have a similar countdown.

"Out of Order" would be the closest equivalent as others mentioned before. I remember that K-Rock in NYC used to run it.

Does anybody remember Modern Rock Live? It aired Sunday nights and features interviews and listener call-ins to alternative artists, similar to Bob Coburn's Rockline. It aired in the mid to late 90s, I believe.

I think that alternative is one of the hardest formats to provide syndicated programming, as different alternative stations vary from one another. There is the CC Premium Choice stuff, and (oddly enough) Nikki Sixx.

Which chart is Out of Order using for its countdown? Or are they charting songs in-house?

Jacko

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom