• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

STREETZ 94.5/105.1

105.1 FM W286DN now simulcast Streetz 94.5 providing way better coverage in Gwinnett. Heard it on one of the commercials. I-85 around Jimmy Carter has always been bad.

Remember, the useful coverage areas of those radio-locator maps is slightly inside the inner red contour. This is proven by years of analysis of Nielsen data on fixed location (home and work) listening. And those contours are very basic, often not really factual when a true Longley-Rice map is compared.

97.9 W250BC is better and its non directional as well because its at 250 watts while 94.5 is only 166 watts. Both come in for me all over the metro well in the car even though I dont really listen to the formats.

I wonder how much interference it gets from this cochannel class C3 K-Love station out of Clermont/Cleveland:

Some might remember this station being a class A, further north, and owned by Jacor/Clear Channel. It simulcasted WGST for a time. After CC sold it someone took the time and money to upgrade it to a C3 and move it southward.

The signal from it was good enough to provide holiday music for the Christmas lights at Lake Lanier Islands a year or two.

The 94.5 translator has to be one of the best for coverage in Atlanta. Is this the only non-directional translator in the metro?
View attachment 6664

The 105.1 does fill a hole in the northeast metro. They could probably use some more coverage on the southwest side too.
View attachment 6665
The STREETZ format is also on 94.5 WFDR-FM which gave some coverage to the South Metro and outskirts. Additionally, 94.5 WIPK-FM to the Northwest GA area

1709171821173.gif
1709172379154.gif

Last edited:
They can get more money fining the landlords of properties with pirate stations, millions of dollars.
From what I have seen on this site, the commission usually sends a warning letter and most landlords are not stupid. They will evict the pirate. If taken to a jury trial the commission will have a tuff case to prove if the landlord said he didn't know it was happening. Many states have "privacy" rights for the tenant. If the antenna is in the apartment or on the balcony the landlord could be clueless.

Remember, the useful coverage areas of those radio-locator maps is slightly inside the inner red contour. This is proven by years of analysis of Nielsen data on fixed location (home and work) listening. And those contours are very basic, often not really factual when a true Longley-Rice map is compared.
How do we find a Longley-Rice coverage map

?

Back
Top Bottom