• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Stranger Things Season 4 Music

2 Songs stand out, Except Kate Bush

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) by Journey
Master of Puppets by Metallica

I know songs old songs from Movies get popular

I was talking to my nephew about Stranger Things, Like the scene with Eddie playing Master of Puppets..Now people want to listen to it

You couldn't listen to it before, Great Song

How about Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)?

A kid hanging out with his father or grandfather could probably hear "Separate Ways" or "Master of Puppets" as they are staples on U.S. classic rock stations. Kate Bush, in the U.S., is another story.

I realize Supernatural was on a smaller network, but that show did the same thing with older music the whole 15 years it aired. If you look up "Turn into Earth" by The Yardbirds, most of the comments on YouTube are from people who heard it during a pivotal scene on an episode of Supernatural. I was already familiar with Blind Faith's "Can't Find My Way Home," but I heard that on Supernatural too. Songs from 1966 and 1969 are almost as old for people my age as "Master of Puppets" is for today's young people.

Anyway, whatever the source and whatever the reason, I'm glad newer generations are being exposed to this great music!

A kid hanging out with his father or grandfather could probably hear "Separate Ways" or "Master of Puppets" as they are staples on U.S. classic rock stations. Kate Bush, in the U.S., is another story.
I listen to Classic Rock but have never heard of "Master of Puppets". And yes, I am a grandfather.

I listen to Classic Rock but have never heard of "Master of Puppets". And yes, I am a grandfather.
The Classic Rock station in Norfolk, VA for sure plays Metallica! James Hetfield made music for the people of his generation so the 59-year-old Hetfield could easily have a 19-year-old grandson. I can just picture a grandfather and grandson on a Saturday afternoon fixing a motorcycle or washing a truck and jammin' to Metallica or Van Halen!

If you know what Metallica is like, this one is really, really loud.
He!! yeah Metallica is loud!! The group's name is pretty indicative of what you're going to get. I'm no metal-head, but even I like several of Metallica's songs, especially the slower ones like "The Unforgiven," "The Unforgiven II," and "Nothing Else Matters."

And "Enter Sandman" is quickly taking its place alongside like "Stairway to Heaven" and "Hotel California" as one of the ultimate Classic Rock songs. We're the up-and-coming generation of senior citizens, get used to it, LOL!!!

The Classic Rock station in Norfolk, VA for sure plays Metallica! James Hetfield made music for the people of his generation so the 59-year-old Hetfield could easily have a 19-year-old grandson. I can just picture a grandfather and grandson on a Saturday afternoon fixing a motorcycle or washing a truck and jammin' to Metallica or Van Halen!

He!! yeah Metallica is loud!! The group's name is pretty indicative of what you're going to get. I'm no metal-head, but even I like several of Metallica's songs, especially the slower ones like "The Unforgiven," "The Unforgiven II," and "Nothing Else Matters."

And "Enter Sandman" is quickly taking its place alongside like "Stairway to Heaven" and "Hotel California" as one of the ultimate Classic Rock songs. We're the up-and-coming generation of senior citizens, get used to it, LOL!!!
No, I don't buy it. When you retire you start listening, if you don't already, to Ricky Nelson, Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline, Ray Charles, Herb Alpert, Connie Francis, The Lettermen, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, John Denver, Anne Murray, Barbra Streisand, The Carpenters, Henry Mancini, Bert Kaempfert, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and of course Sinatra.

No, I don't buy it. When you retire you start listening, if you don't already, to Ricky Nelson, Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline, Ray Charles, Herb Alpert, Connie Francis, The Lettermen, Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, John Denver, Anne Murray, Barbra Streisand, The Carpenters, Henry Mancini, Bert Kaempfert, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Perry Como, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and of course Sinatra.
When I retired, about 22 years ago, I stopped listening to radio music except once in a while in the car.

And, IMHO, Sinatra couldn't sing worth bupkis.

Didn't listen to either band. That kind of 'music' to me is just noise.
That's how I feel.

"Master of Puppets" is a song by Metallica, so it's just one band.

And as far as musical quality goes, the song sounds like a factory where equipment needs to be updated or they'll get fined and it's probably breaking down frequently, and employees need to be wearing protection anyway.

Last edited:
I know Cole, Bennett, Murray and Streisand, but there are several artists on your list I'm not that familiar with because, I take it, I'm a bit younger than you are. Nevertheless, I doubt that when I turn 60, I'll have mellowed out to the point that I'll start listening to "My Heart Will Go On!"

BTW, several songs that seemed harder years ago appear to have softened with the passage of time. Boston's "More Than a Feeling" and Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name," once AOR staples, are now played on AC stations. Could Bon Jovi become the Perry Como of the MTV generation?
And, IMHO, Sinatra couldn't sing worth bupkis.
Sinatra, IMHO, sings beautifully.

When “Master of Puppets” (both the song and album) was released in 1986, very few of the AOR stations played it at the time. I will look at David’s World History site to see how many. KISS here in San Antonio played it as did KUPD and the now defunct KNAC. Great song, album and band according to this geezer rocker.

I know Cole, Bennett, Murray and Streisand, but there are several artists on your list I'm not that familiar with because, I take it, I'm a bit younger than you are.
I'm not actually old enough to know these people but I've been listening to radio stations like this for more than three decades.

I'm not actually old enough to know these people but I've been listening to radio stations like this for more than three decades.
Exactly, vchimpanzee! Just like some of the music you experienced was outside your age range, today's youth will hopefully get to have a similar experience. I had classmates who were big Beatles fans because they were exposed the music by parents or older siblings. In this instance I'm talking about kids whose parents likely listened to Headbangers Ball on MTV some 30-plus years ago.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom