• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Strange things with an online job application system

So as you know I've been looking for work since November. I've had a handful of interviews with no taker. Anyway I applied (again) at a major retailer last night. Now the odd thing is a location that closed 2 months ago is still listed as "accepting applications". It's not that this company is having trouble, it's just they tried a concept in Connecticut that while successful in other states failed to catch on in Connecticut. They only had 2 locations of this concept in Connecticut. The other closed in 2016. (Both opened in 2013).

Also. One of the questions they ask you is "Did you live in an area affected by Hurricane Katrina August 28, 2005?" - First of all I don't understand what this question has to do with anything. And secondly even if it did, in 13 days, it's been 12 years since Hurricane Katrina.

Most likely there is some sort of a Federal Tax Credit available to employers who hire people who were
victims of Katrina. An attempt to help rebuild the local New Orleans economy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom