• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Steve Brancik Fired!

E

E.L

Just saw it on My33 news I didn't hear the whole thing but Brancik had a felony & ClearChannel let him go. I'd hate to go there but with an openly gay man I really really hope it's not for what I think it is.

The info at the clerk of court website isn't specific as to the charge at the moment but more will be revealed I'm sure. Sad story, and I just heard a Paul and Ron promo with him on it this evening.

E.L. what does your ignorant comment mean? These stereotypes have got to stop. Why don't you wait to find out what Steve was arrested for before you start making ignorant comments like the one you posted. Stop and think about it for a second and think of how you're generalizing Steve without any information.

How am I ignorant? I'm black & I have no problem saying when I heard Terry Alexander the bad boy of radio was arrested for selling X-pills in a nightclub it didn't shock me. When Nascar driver Jeremy Mayfiled is accused of using Crystal Meth I'm not surprised. We have to stop closing our eyes to stuff.

Edit: here's a link
http://cbs4.com/local/Steve.Branzig.Arrested.2.1124604.html

First off, I dont know what your race has to do with any of this. Secondly, I don't know who Terry Alexander is but if he had some sort of reputation for being a "bad boy" then I could understand why you wouldn't be shocked by his arrest. But what is Brancik known for? Being gay? So are you suggesting that gays are known for certain types of felonies? And I wasn't aware that Nascar drivers were known for Crystal Meth.

I just saw it in the paper, sure hope it's not true. Sadly, all it takes is one or 2 public instances (the bso who was recently accused of sexual assault on illegal immigrants) for people who are already homophobic to use this as an excuse to support their views. Whether or not it's true, it shouldn't be viewed as a gay/straight issue. Statistically speaking there are so many more cases in which the perpetrator is a "straight" male and self-proclaimed gay men are no more likely to be molestors than other men. But like I said, all it takes is a couple instances involving publicly gay men and it turns into an excuse to propagate hateful and ignorant homophobic rhetoric.

dont believe EVERYTHING you see on TV or read in the newspapers...all the facts are not out yet.

It's nice to see all the SUPPORT that the radio community gives to each other...WOW...I'm SOOOO f'ing impressed!

And the whole 'stereotype' conversation/Live under the bridge comments...nice guys...real nice!

If it was a DUI or even a minor possession charge that's one thing but unfortunately for all involved this isn't. However f you have some 'facts' about his case that haven't been printed or televised yet I'm eager to hear them.

well we now know that it was for sexual molestation of a 12 year boy so the piece of stuff can rot in the broward county jail!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom