• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

State of West Va Radio

I wonder, are all the broadcasters in WVA making so much money that no one ever makes a format change or do anything that would be worth of a post on this board. If it were not for DToThe J, Cincinnati Kid, Gregg and WRSG there would not have been a post on this board in a couple of years. Is WV radio that good or that stale?

I can only speak about the eastern panhandle of West Virginia......

WDHC/WCST in Berkeley Springs is in the process if not already sold to Metro ( ? ). I think that Metro wanted the 92.9 to beef up their coverage in Washington DC down the road.

Martinsburg's WLTF/WICL/WEPM....they did fire Marc Richards sometime ago however he wasn't replaced. Last I heard West Virginia Radio has a hiring freeze in effect for those stations,

Martinsburg's WRNR I am pretty sure lost it's news director Al McGilvray ( ? on the spelling ) to Winchester-Front Royal, VA's WZRV/WFTR. I don't think WRNR replaced him either.

I grew up near Wheeling in the northern panhandle. I listened to mostly to Pittsburgh and Ohio stations back then (1960's to 1980's). I hear the the big FM country music station is now talk now.

To be honest, knowing what SEVEN RANGES RADIO staffers go through, especially Scott Northcraft and Tom Taggart, they don't have much disposable time. They are doing a LOT to keep radio relevant, constantly tweaking and refining the on-air product on all three stations, as well as ours. Without their help, WRSG would have died over ten years ago. I am not disrespecting the OP. It is a viable and fair question. We at WRSG are hoping to qualify for a $2,500.00 grant to build out our second studio. Also, Scott, Craig Dutton, Brandon Gregory and I went to WMUL-FM last Friday night and were blown away by their kindness and generosity, giving us the grand tour even while doing their statewide basketball radio AND TV show, BASKETBALL FRIDAY NIGHT IN WEST VIRGINIA, with LiteRock 93R and WRSG being affiliates. Craig did a great job on the air, as well as Brandon calling in. He wore a WVU jacket and thought that wouldn't really work. Surprisingly, the vast majority of the folks didn't care if he did go on with it. By the way, WMUL's collection of trophies is unbelievable, and they are justifiably proud.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom