• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spanish on 88.7

cyberdad

Staff member
In another thread, an e-skip logging on a Franken FM (88.7) was reported.

Last Thursday morning (July 14), I encountered a similar episode of my own in the car. I was running a few errands listening to WWME-LP. Depite operating with low power, "Me-FM" has a relatively good signal at my location, about 40 miles northwest of downtown Chicago. At least on a good car radio. The signal does, however, have a few drop-out "holes" that typically last for only few seconds.

But on this particular occasion, the holes were different. Instead of being simply blank, there was Spanish coming through in the two or three that I encountered. Quickly covered back up when the "Me-FM" signal returned. I was following a familiar route that I had driven many times, but this was the first time another signal came in. My first thought, of course, was e-skip.

Any ideas on what station I might have been hearing?

A DXer in Miami was getting WILV 91.1 Loves Park IL (Chris/cd637299) around that same time. Maybe WEYS-LP Miami? Spanish Religion.

A DXer in Miami was getting WILV 91.1 Loves Park IL (Chris/cd637299) around that same time. Maybe WEYS-LP Miami? Spanish Religion.

Very plausible, crain. Thanks. I'm about 35 miles from Loves Park (a 'suburb' of Rockford, IL), that could definitely fit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom