• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Southwest Louisiana’s ‘The Game’ KLWB Expands Reach To Lake Charles

This is great news! KEZM lost its tower during Hurricane Laura, so now Lake Charles has an Astros Radio Network affiliate. Also, a sports format.

I'm not sure if KLWB reaches Orange, TX, but that would be great since KOGT signed off. KOGT was an Astros affiliate since the 90s.

KLWB is so-so here in Orange. It depends on the weather. KRBE and it will duke it out, but mostly it's an "empty" freq. even on my vehicle radios. Gonna miss the 'Stros unless KTRH carries some of their games. KBME is a hit & miss.

KTRH carried games that started at 7pm or later last season. Hopefully that trend continues into the 2022 season. That helped me out last year when I was driving between San Antonio and Victoria at night.

I have SiriusXM, but I prefer listening to Robert and Sparky, and if it's not a home game for the 'Stros, you're forced to listen to the opponents' announcers.

Also, I could listen via the internet, but the connection can be spotty, so terrestrial radio is still the best source.

KLWB is so-so here in Orange. It depends on the weather. KRBE and it will duke it out, but mostly it's an "empty" freq. even on my vehicle radios. Gonna miss the 'Stros unless KTRH carries some of their games. KBME is a hit & miss.
There is a station applying for Astros coverage in Beaumont.. details soon

A lot of Astros baseball takes place after 8:30pm (nighttime hours), so when station coverage area is considered, you have to look at that station's nighttime coverage area.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom