• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Some big news on the Cumulus front

They probably did this yesterday, but I just found out today when WQSM was down. They have a tendancy to go down sometimes, but when KQXY was also down it puzzled me a bit, so I punched it into the stw URL formula and low and behold there it was! Looks like Cumulus has started upgrading the streams. The Eugeen and Ventura markets have not been done yet, but the Fayetteville and Beaumont markets are upgraded. Next market to check, Atlanta. Journey 97.9's stream was up last weekend, but I'm thinking this just happened in the last day or so. I assume they are using 48 kbps AAC streams on the new stw stations.

Looks like they've also upgraded Macon and Cincinatti. I also checked Atlanta, Bangore, Dallas, Houston, and Nashville, no changes there yet.

I forgot to check Huntsville yesterday but they've upgraded as of this afternoon. Also just checked San Francisco and looks like they've upgraded those stations as well. As of now, still waiting on Atlanta, Ventura, Nashville, Bangore, and probably many other markets I don't know.

It would appear that a number of Cumulus stations are on the IHeart Radio app now. When I tried to play WRQX from the website, it didn't work. I wonder when the rest of the stations will appear? Stations still missing, WZYP, WWKL and WTPA. Also, several markets are not there yet, Eugene OR, Fayetteville NC, and Ventura CA. Any comments anyone?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom