• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Smartphone radio apps

I’ve been using myTuner Radio, Simple Radio, FM Radio and Radio Box for quite a while. I’ve paid the nominal fee for two of them so stop the ads that appear on the screen and they work well on LTE and 5G anywhere I go. Tune In Radio is way too expensive so I don’t ever use it. I’m just curious, some stations appear on all of these mobile apps, like KROQ LA and ALT 92.3 NY. But some stations don’t appear in any of these, like WXDX. Any idea why some stations don’t appear in any of these mobile apps? I only look for Alternative, Indie and to some extent, AAA. Thanks!

Last edited:
might come down to the station owners permission, TuneIn didn't get the iHeartMedia own stations back on it's service until last year when iHeart ended their dispute with them that lasted for years, which the dispute was iHeart wanted their stations being only on the iHeartRadio app but now you can find iHeart stations on TuneIn, however, Audacy pulled their stations from TuneIn it seems around the time they were still Entercom and merged into CBS Radio and moved their stations onto the Radio.com/Audacy app & site.

so it comes down to station permissions

I just use XiaaLive Pro. It lets you search their catalog of streams (iheart is in there, as well as several other independent stations) and you can also add you own direct stream links (which can be easily sniffed through apps such as Web Video Caster). I don't enjoy being subjected to clunky proprietary apps (I'm looking at you iHeartRadio).

Having all of my favorite stations in one easy/light app is all I wanted from the very beginning.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom