• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Should YSP be concerned?

TunedOut

Inactive
Inactive User
I saw in the latest trends that WMMR had a pretty big trend up in their overalls
My question is should YSP start getting a little concerned??...
I would think so, but they seem to continue their merry ways as if all is okay....hmmmm
I would think when Howard departs we could see a total reverse in the ratings..

> I saw in the latest trends that WMMR had a pretty big trend
> up in their overalls
> My question is should YSP start getting a little
> concerned??...
> I would think so, but they seem to continue their merry ways
> as if all is okay....hmmmm
> I would think when Howard departs we could see a total
> reverse in the ratings..
>
I totally agree. Even if Ifinity brings in established morning show it will take awhile to build a solid audience once the initial interest seekers listen and decide whether they will stay or go. No matter who takes over, a local show or an Infinity syndicated show like Sterns, they will be hardpressed to get Stern-like ratings. I think that MMR has the best chance to get a chunk of the YSP audience with P & S, but their biggest struggle will be maintaining that audience for the rest of the day!!

In the Fall book, WMMR beat WYSP 12+ in the daylight hours. They better be concerned.

I saw in the latest trends that WMMR had a pretty big trend
> up in their overalls
> My question is should YSP start getting a little
> concerned??...
> I would think so, but they seem to continue their merry ways
> as if all is okay....hmmmm
> I would think when Howard departs we could see a total
> reverse in the ratings..
>

I don't think so

It does seem like Y-100's audiance went to MMR, but I cannot accept that, YSP sounds more like Y-100 than the trainwreck known as MMR. I think YSP will eventually be the clear winner, they might even go more music intense in the mornings once Stern departs. I cannot see the Y-100 refugees digesting jocks like Pierre and Jaxon, plus hearing Floyd, Collective Soul, VH, Aero and Metallica every hour on the hour. The P&S die-hards are the reason for the spike in MMR ratings, that is it. On the other hand, I cannot see the Y-100 refugees accepting YSP's constant rant on the Eagles, which will be starting soon, especially the large 18-35 females that Y-100 boasted. It will be the music presentation that finally wins out and YSP has that down to a tee.

> >
> I saw in the latest trends that WMMR had a pretty big trend
>
> > up in their overalls
> > My question is should YSP start getting a little
> > concerned??...
> > I would think so, but they seem to continue their merry
> ways
> > as if all is okay....hmmmm
> > I would think when Howard departs we could see a total
> > reverse in the ratings..
> >
>

In the Fall book, WMMR beat WYSP 12+ in the daylight hours.
They better be concerned.

I am not sure where you cam up with that but my recollection is that WMMR has been in a tailspin for that last two years up until now

> In the Fall book, WMMR beat WYSP 12+ in the daylight hours.
>
> They better be concerned.
>
> I am not sure where you cam up with that but my recollection
> is that WMMR has been in a tailspin for that last two years
> up until now
>

Tailspin is a bit dramatic - they have been steady for the past couple of years, up 2 tenths, down 2tenths, up 3 tenths, down 4, etc... They are not the station they were 4-5+ years ago, but they have leveled off, and are show slight signs of growth. When Howard leaves its anyone's game.

Re: I don't think so

> It does seem like Y-100's audiance went to MMR, but I cannot
> accept that, YSP sounds more like Y-100 than the trainwreck
> known as MMR. I think YSP will eventually be the clear
> winner, they might even go more music intense in the
> mornings once Stern departs. I cannot see the Y-100
> refugees digesting jocks like Pierre and Jaxon, plus hearing
> Floyd, Collective Soul, VH, Aero and Metallica every hour on
> the hour. The P&S die-hards are the reason for the spike in
> MMR ratings, that is it. On the other hand, I cannot see
> the Y-100 refugees accepting YSP's constant rant on the
> Eagles, which will be starting soon, especially the large
> 18-35 females that Y-100 boasted. It will be the music
> presentation that finally wins out and YSP has that down to
> a tee.
>

Well, I'm a "female 18-35" who used to listen to Y100 and although I don't like either station that much, my radio is usually tuned to MMR these days. Sometimes I can catch 3 or 4 songs I like in a row before the inevitable GnR, VH, Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin track comes on. At that point, I start flicking through the dial. YSP is too heavy for my taste. At least MMR plays bands like Coldplay and Oasis sometimes, as pointed out in another post.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom